• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Classroom of the Elite TV Anime Gets Sequel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackLiamNeeson#933229

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:45 am Reply with quote
This is really fantastic news! I'm super excited! Now I must wish that this series gets 2 cours and possibly a new studio that can deal with that. From the poster, correct me if I'm wrong the art style seems to have changed to be a lot more like the light novels. It looks much better imo. Fingers crossed this works out and they can overcome the issues with the first season. Part of me wishes the 1st Season could be edited heavily to make it more like the light novel, but that is probably unrealistic and I might be asking too much. Although a Director's Cut of sorts could be a good way of getting people back into the series and giving it another chance for people that didn't watch the first time. Look forward to more of best girl Kei!
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:51 am Reply with quote
As a huge Kei fan this 2nd season was long awaited, it cannot come soon enough !
y11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:08 am Reply with quote
WHHATT LET'S GOO I CANNOT WAIT
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:17 am Reply with quote
This was in my backlog, so I have to really watch it now. Glad Season 2 is happening.
NobodysDawn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
From the poster, correct me if I'm wrong the art style seems to have changed to be a lot more like the light novels.

If you’re referring to the one in this article, it says above it that’s something the light novel illustrator drew to commemorate the announcement, not a key visual for the new season.
BlackLiamNeeson#933229

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:26 am Reply with quote
NobodysDawn wrote:
Quote:
From the poster, correct me if I'm wrong the art style seems to have changed to be a lot more like the light novels.

If you’re referring to the one in this article, it says above it that’s something the light novel illustrator drew to commemorate the announcement, not a key visual for the new season.

Ah I see. Cheers for pointing that out. Suppose we'll have to wait until March 6th for a key visual.
anstar019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:30 am Reply with quote
It would be a pretty big BRUH moment if this turns out to be the adaptation of the second-year series rather than the continuation of the first anime.

OR if it goes the Agori route adaptation then god Give COTE fans some love.
09jcg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:30 am Reply with quote
Well this is big news. I wonder if it will get the Brotherhood treatment. LN readers say the first season is a pretty botched adaptation
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:33 am Reply with quote
We truly live in strange times.

mostly cause sequels like these did not usually happen and it had been that way for a long time. It gets anime original content and be done. so it is a shock that it got a sequel.

the real question is in what direction it will go from here? back to the original source or continue straight from where the anime left off.
BrosefAmelion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:11 am Reply with quote
Awesome, definitely one of most anticipated sequels.
Telu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:21 am Reply with quote
Are they gonna keep making Ayanokouji an edgy-lord teen?
or
Are they gonna use the light novels this time?
y11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:21 am Reply with quote
WHHATT LET'S GOO I CANNOT WAIT
クズオタク

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quote
The LN has been selling like hotcakes in japan and overseas. So I was kind of hoping something like this would happen, but usually these adaptations go one of three ways when the previous was heavily botched.

1. Blue exorcist season 2: just ignore the last half of season 1 just adapt season 2.

2. FMAB and Hellsing ultimate: redo the whole thing and spend less time on the beginning.

3. Highschool DxD 4: make a episode retconning the non-canon events of the previous season.

As a huge fan of the light novels I'm very happy this is happening, just hope they don't go with option 1.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:50 am Reply with quote
I'm not surprised given how popular the series is, but given the response to season 1 I wonder if they're going to soft-reboot with this second season.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:53 am Reply with quote
I thought there was a chance for a second season, but I expected that to happen in 2019 not in 2022 or later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2