• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chilean Lawmaker Performs Attack on Titan Salute After Casting Her 1st Vote

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
......I'm not a of fan of the AoT salute
RockSplash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Replica_Rabbit wrote:
......I'm not a of fan of the AoT salute

...okay,

I think it's a fun little gesture. Though admittedly, recent events in the series give it a completely different light...
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:13 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
Though admittedly, recent events in the series give it a completely different light...

I totally agree but we cannot expect everyone watching AOT to have seen it through. There are more than 80 episodes after all. I know people who have only seen the first season and dropped the show afterwards.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:57 am Reply with quote
that would be risky in mexico as it has a pretty fun meaning if you get the hand or8entation wrong.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 am Reply with quote
Please forgive me for saying this but I think that's a little odd. Doing the "AOT" salute after casting your first vote? I just can't imagine anyone in either the Senate or the House of Representatives in the U.S. even doing this,even if they were anime fans. Something like that would just invite just a lot of scorn and ridicule. It would be a gift to every late night talk show host,political cartoonist,and comedy show writer out there to bash them for weeks on end.
To the Chilean lawmaker,I say nice going. You just turned yourself into a walking punchline. Nobody's ever going to take you seriously in your country again and you'll be seen as nothing more than a joke by everyone in the media and in politics. You'll be seen as a lesson not to mix your anime hobby with your job in the political realm. Congratulations. You just sacrificed your dignity in front of the entire world. Again,you've just made yourself a living joke for whatever reason you had to do that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1