• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Martial Arts of Kengan Ashura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
While Cosmo uses his medical background to perform a variety of illegal moves like poisoning opponents (fortunately not part of the martial art in real life)
Hajime Hanafusa's the doctor who poisoned a guy, not Cosmo.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Quote:
While Cosmo uses his medical background to perform a variety of illegal moves like poisoning opponents (fortunately not part of the martial art in real life)
Hajime Hanafusa's the doctor who poisoned a guy, not Cosmo.

Thank you for spotting this! Just emailed the team on this! Very Happy
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:45 am Reply with quote
I’m willing to bet a lot of people had no idea what Bartitsu was before this show. As insane as it gets, there is at least some service paid to what these people know and what they specialize in.
ViralZeno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:43 am Reply with quote
The article stated that the anime faithfully adapted the manga. Yeah, the outcomes of the matches are the same but they didn't only skip much back story, they even cut out characters
The third season will likely adapt all the fights but without the plots going hand in hand with the fights. spoiler[medicin man's fight was cut out, rin wasnt in the anime, back story's of the characters got removed (sekis for example) and the coup wasnt built up properly]
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:48 am Reply with quote
The anime counterpart would of strived even more so with a 2D animation style that ship has sailed tho at this point I just want the manga to be released psychically here in the States. I am looking forward to season two and hoping the casting for the dub is more interesting this time around time will tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1