• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AnimeNYC new Badge policy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picky33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else get screwed over by AnimeNYC's new badge policy?

For anyone who doesn't know AnimeNYC is limiting 3-Day badges to 4,500 this year and limiting 1-Day badges to 14,600 per day. They "announced" this policy 2 days ago on there twitter and 3 day badges sold out today in less than an hour.

I enjoy AnimeNYC, I've gone the past 3 years they've had it. it definitely has some serious growing pains, but and I planned to go this year, but I was not lucky enough to get a badge. For a convention roughly 8 months away (Late November) I can't justifying buying a random 1-Day badge and hoping something I want to do will happen that day because nothing has been announced (Guests, Events, Panels, etc.) I think this is a stupid policy that will end up hurting AnimeNYC in the long-term.

Source:
https://animenyc.com/2022updates/
zanderlex

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious how this plays out because if they have 19,500 people per day, that's going to be significantly more than the 53,000 total they had last year. But last year didn't sell out until the end. It's also odd to both limit the number AND increase the price that much.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:46 am Reply with quote
Wonder if scalpers and resellers bought them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1