• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams IRODUKU: The World in Colors Anime's English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:29 am Reply with quote
Hell yes.. Brittney and Luci are there!
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:34 am Reply with quote
These localized titles are killing me, the ones where they leave the Japanese nickname/abbreviation even though it means literally nothing in English, and then slap some actual English title on it as a kind of afterthought. I understand why they do it, but it's so incedibly awkward and forced.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:37 am Reply with quote
I like the cast and might buy a BD copy. I am not a big fan of this show, but this is this like the last great looking anime with their patented teenage drama formula that P.A. Works created. And it feels like a piece of history to me.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I feel this was kind of an underrated romantic drama from PA Works and I'm happy to see it dubbed and hopefully reach a bigger audience.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:27 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I feel this was kind of an underrated romantic drama from PA Works and I'm happy to see it dubbed and hopefully reach a bigger audience.

Agreed. It was a near-miss for my Top 5 in 2018, and it impressed me even more on a rewatch last year. A new dub would be an excellent excuse for a rewatch later this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:47 am Reply with quote
I've watched this show 3 times so far. Does that give you any idea about what I think of it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1