• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World II World Smartphone Game Ends Service on July 31 After 5 Months

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Man, that's brutal. Are we thinking this is a record for a gacha game based on an original property?
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Record's still held by Wave isn't it lol?

Lasted 2 months iirc
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:38 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
Man, that's brutal. Are we thinking this is a record for a gacha game based on an original property?

Can't really recall, and could be misremembering something entirely, but I vaguely remember a few years back there was a game that made it to launch day, had some issue(s) that required it to immediately go into maintenance, and then just never game back out of maintenance and finally closed up shop.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Marvelous’ “Sakura Ignoramus” began service on February 27, ended service April 28. Of this year. Two months. They even had to refund all purchases. All of them.

The “Wave” app (the one with the anime) was the number one fastest though. Started service only to immediately go into maintenance, then ended service without ever coming back from it.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:44 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Marvelous’ “Sakura Ignoramus” began service on February 27, ended service April 28. Of this year. Two months. They even had to refund all purchases. All of them.

The “Wave” app (the one with the anime) was the number one fastest though. Started service only to immediately go into maintenance, then ended service without ever coming back from it.

Ok, so I wasn't having a Mandela Effect moment, that really was what happened. Man that's a rough way to go. We can joke about the incompetence of the management or how terrible it is for a game to go through this, but I do feel for the folks that put in the actual work only for it to all fail so spectacularly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1