• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Life as Inukai-san's Dog TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Cast, Staff, January 2023 Premi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:29 pm Reply with quote
My friend has told me that for as simple as the concept is, the manga goes batshit insane really quickly. I haven't read it yet to keep myself in suspense for when the anime airs
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that we continue to have the anime genre of "very specific fetish turned into an anime".
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Some dogs have all the luck...
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I got tipped off about this series thanks to Best Girl's Basement's video on the manga and I really, really hope this winds up getting picked up for Winter 2023's weekly episode reviews lineup ("sorry, not sorry" to whichever poor schmuck has to do it though).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear god, it's another reincarnation anime and not a good one either.

I'm not looking forward to the doujins on this one, just be careful when looking up this series, what you may see might ruin your whole day at best.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, ya'll are making it sound like bestiality, it can't be THAT bad...

MagicPolly wrote:
My friend has told me that for as simple as the concept is, the manga goes batshit insane really quickly. I haven't read it yet to keep myself in suspense for when the anime airs
Without spoilers, what we talking about here?
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:

MagicPolly wrote:

From what I've heard about the manga, it is precisely that bad.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, when I heard insane I was thinking something real wild but uh... if it's going down exactly the avenue we're all assuming it will, then... Yeah, nevermind. I'll give this one a miss then lol
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Ok so out of curiosity since a few people here are freaking out that this is becoming a anime, I checked out a few chapters of the manga.

Honestly besides some very spoiler[lewd and extreme ecchi] moments, I think we're good to go. I mean its like we gonna have another "Redo of Healer" situation here but just imagine what a human who turned into a dog would do if surrounded by attractive girls?

If you can use your imagination, Im sure you can figure out how this anime will turn out...
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:

MagicPolly wrote:
Yep, it's exactly that, and barely leaning on the borderline from being a straight hentai material.
chudmaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:

It's a exactly what you think it's about. It has some very nice scenes for people into that stuff like I am and I'm glad to see it getting an anime adaption with how well recieved it's been in Japan. Can agree it gets pretty wild later on, but that's why we read it Smile

Looking forward to it.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:51 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Ok so out of curiosity since a few people here are freaking out that this is becoming a anime, I checked out a few chapters of the manga.

Honestly besides some very spoiler[lewd and extreme ecchi] moments, I think we're good to go. I mean its like we gonna have another "Redo of Healer" situation here but just imagine what a human who turned into a dog would do if surrounded by attractive girls?

If you can use your imagination, Im sure you can figure out how this anime will turn out...

The thing is, it's one thing when it's lewd and extreme ecchi between two human or humanoid characters that are old enough. Here, we're adding in bestiality to the mix and it's not just because the guy dog is trying to be a perv. There are moments where the girls are initiating the moment like when spoiler[two of them literally try to lure him up their own skirts]. That's not the only example as Inukai, the main girl, seems to have multiple moments from what I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blazi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:29 am Reply with quote
Ah, I did not know this is getting an anime, well this shall be fun
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:27 am Reply with quote
I caved and had a look at it and if you read it as a psychological horror rather than an ecchi it's very terrifying.......... The girls really need therapy.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Anime has PEAKED at this. Nothing can top this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2