• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lychee Light Club Creator Usamaru Furuya's 6th Grader Son Is An Absurdly Talented Artist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 am Reply with quote
Well, the art progress is excellent indeed... but the 6th grader is supposed to be 11-12 years old, right? Cause damn, that type of gore horror action which he has drawn ain't even supposed to fit his age too, that looks like straight R-15 material at least.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:58 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, the art progress is excellent indeed... but the 6th grader is supposed to be 11-12 years old, right? Cause damn, that type of gore horror action which he has drawn ain't even supposed to fit his age too, that looks like straight R-15 material at least.

Flip open a Shounen Jump issue and you'll see stuff like this, maybe not all the time, but it's not rare either. Besides, 11-12 year olds will watch and read stuff way worse than this on their own, most kids do. Ages ago I used to work in a local library and 11-12 year old kids regularly came to rent movies that weren't "supposed to" fit their age, some even went straight for the splatter horror movies. I'm not saying it's awesome and whatnot, but this is the age when most kids start being all like "mooom don't tell me what to do, I'm mature enough!"
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:57 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
I'm not saying it's awesome and whatnot, but this is the age when most kids start being all like "mooom don't tell me what to do, I'm mature enough!"

Considering the wacky shit Usamaru Furuya draws it's no surprise their kid is also drawing this stuff. I doubt any parents are going to be telling the kid not to draw these sorts of things lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1