• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Film Red Anime Earns US$4.7 Million on Opening Day in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:00 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to the film!
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:46 am Reply with quote
So Whack Adam is #1, and I call shenanigans. One Piece Film Red was more popular, and Warner needed that third #1 before Black Panther 2. So, like Top Gun 2 and Elvis before, they convinced moviegoers to trade in their OPFR tickets.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Not bad for the newest One Piece film (I guess the marketing and viewers' curiosity have paid off).

I saw this in MAX in my home country (the opportunity was there and I took it). Despite some of the songs being a little overwhelming I'm glad I've finally had an opportunity to see a new One Piece in the best format available. I intend to watch it with again with a friend at a regular 2D screening so perhaps the experience will be different but we've come a long way from even ten years ago where anime film releases were a rarity (we are in a great time now for fans of anime film).
SrkSano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:05 am Reply with quote
Went Sunday but wound up going a half hour late because of a friend who couldn't do another time UGH! Going again Wednesday. Overall I liked what I saw. Not as much the last two One Piece films but it was fun seeing the crew on the big screen again. Went for the subtitled version to hear Shuichi Ikeda AKA Char Aznable as Shanks heh heh! Currently I'd give the film a 4 out of 5.

EDIT: Loved it even more the second time and my rating has gone up to a 5 out of 5. Once I got it through my head that this film was not trying to be like the last few flicks and was doing something different, I enjoyed it a lot more. Go see the film if you haven't. Highly recommended!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1