• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Anime's English Dub Debuts in N. America on November 8

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This shows dub has been streaming on some pretty weird places.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of Hoopla in my life. Seems like a really bizzare choice looking at their website. Glad this is getting dubbed regardless though
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:45 pm Reply with quote
These seem like severely random picks when they've already aired the show on services that people have actually heard of. In theory there's already an audience on Hulu and Crunchy, right? Wonder if Digimon Adventure 2020 will share the same fate.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Will this also eventually be on Crunchyroll? Toei has also been weird about the One Piece dub where they first release it on the Microsoft Store and then months later it gets dumped on Funimation but they still won't put the dub up on Crunchyroll.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:56 pm Reply with quote
No Amazon Prime huh? Wonder if they ran into an issue since World Trigger 2 & 3 never went up.....but then it's also missing from Hoopla right?
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:05 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Never heard of Hoopla in my life. Seems like a really bizzare choice looking at their website. Glad this is getting dubbed regardless though

Agreed. Have one of them, so I'll watch it. Wish it was on more platforms. Just seeing the trailer just gushed me with nostalgia so much!
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Those are definitely some streaming services that it's on.

At least I don't see any of the major big time platforms like Hulu, Netflix, or Crunchyroll, so...maybe DQ Dai has a Toonami run in its future?
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Will the North American streaming not be censored or cut like in BBC streaming version in UK ?
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Will the North American streaming not be censored or cut like in BBC streaming version in UK ?

Was it censored? I didn't hear anything about that.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:29 pm Reply with quote
What, did they pick names out of a hat? I've never heard of any of these services.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:49 pm Reply with quote
MushroomMan674 wrote:
Those are definitely some streaming services that it's on.

At least I don't see any of the major big time platforms like Hulu, Netflix, or Crunchyroll, so...maybe DQ Dai has a Toonami run in its future?

I don't believe any of the services listed in the article are for traditional streaming. Those are digital stores where you buy episodes or the complete season but you're only allowed to stream on those services because it's not technically ownership and you can't download on anything other than mobile devices. Hopefully streaming services follow soon after.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:21 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
No Amazon Prime huh? Wonder if they ran into an issue since World Trigger 2 & 3 never went up.....but then it's also missing from Hoopla right?

I mean there has yet to be word that Season 2 and 3 of World Trigger dub getting canceled.. we still have the comming soon announcements for that
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be a batch of episodes or just one
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
I mean there has yet to be word that Season 2 and 3 of World Trigger dub getting canceled.. we still have the comming soon announcements for that

The English dub has been up on the Microsoft Store & Vudu, as advertised, since last month so this issue is only with Amazon & Hoopla.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:45 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:

The English dub has been up on the Microsoft Store & Vudu, as advertised, since last month so this issue is only with Amazon & Hoopla.

OHH so Season 2 and 3 of the DUb is up on Microsoft and Vudu.. I never knew...

EDIT: I just looked and its there and Yet.. You have to buy it.. This I would not have a issue with but I don't buy stuff on these platforms before.. I do however with they add these to the Apple Store.. this I would love alot to add to my library of shows on my Itunes account.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3