• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Cosmos Anime Films' Trailer Reveals Daoko Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I am HYPED.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Megumi Hayashibara’ evil laugh as Galaxia gave me chills and I can already tell she’s going to be amazing. The animation continues to look gorgeous and I’m excited to see Chibi Chibi having a much bigger role this time around. And we still haven’t even the Sailor Animamates yet but I’m already hyped.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I've had my issues with Crystal over the years, but I'm pleased it looks like it'll be ending on a high note, at least.

Tsuki no Hana sounds catchy too!

Last edited by 1dbad on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Megumi Hayashibara’ evil laugh as Galaxia gave me chills and I can already tell she’s going to be amazing. The animation continues to look gorgeous and I’m excited to see Chibi Chibi having a much bigger role this time around. And we still haven’t even the Sailor Animamates yet but I’m already hyped.

I'm excited to see the Stars movie duology and I'm sure we will finally get our first look of the Sailor Animamates in a future teaser of Cosmos.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:23 am Reply with quote
The animation looks amazing and Megumi Hayashibara sounds like she's having the time of her life playing Galaxia. I can't wait!
kuma991

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:20 am Reply with quote
Toei have done a spectacular job with Crystal from Season 3 onward. It took 10 years and now I'll really miss having a new adaptation going on.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:38 am Reply with quote
I don't like how Sailor Moon's face looks in this visual. It's like her eyes are more spaced out than usual and her nose is almost about to lose its existence.

The song is good though.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I remember first hearing DAOKO several years ago, I think, on TeddyLoid - ME!ME!ME! feat. Daoko.

DAOKO's most viewed video on YouTube, DAOKO × Kenshi Yonezu “Fireworks” MUSIC VIDEO - a duet with musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and illustrator Kenshi Yonezu - currently has over 534 million views. Yonezu wrote the song. It is used in the 2017 Fireworks anime film.

When I first saw Fireworks music video over five years ago, the title (打上花火, Uchiage Hanabi), description, credits, etc., were in Japanese. For a while now, however, they have been in English, undoubtedly targeting a global audience.

My comment in English on the Fireworks music video over five years ago was directed at international viewers back then:

Quote:
DAOKO x Kenshi Yonezu "Uchiage Hanabi" MUSIC VIDEO
DAOKO x Yasuyuki Okamura "Step Up LOVE" Kekkai Sensen & BEYOND ED
Kenshi Yonezu "Peace Sign" My Hero Academia S2 OP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1