• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Disowned Queen's Consulting Detective Agency Novel 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:20 pm Reply with quote
One issue with Disowned Queen is that the author has considered this story as complete for now until she feels like revisiting it again. She is currently more preoccupied with writing the webnovel version of Do Over Damsel.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I dunno if I can commit to reading a series with an ending. Wake me up when the author has to courage make it perpetually ongoing with the threat of cancellation constantly looming over its head like a REAL light novel.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss so I'm down to read more from the author, and the premise sounds really interesting and right up my alley, though I'm worried if I enjoy it I'll be begging for more from what sounds like a one-shot series...
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I really enjoyed I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss so I'm down to read more from the author, and the premise sounds really interesting and right up my alley, though I'm worried if I enjoy it I'll be begging for more from what sounds like a one-shot series...

According to J-Novel Club's forums, that may be the case, but it does wrap things up decently enough.

(Edited after I re-read the information and actually parsed it correctly. Embarassed )
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Aaackthually... unless they have some very curious indeed laws about succession; since Octavia's father is the son of her grandmother, all the titles and trappings of imperial ruler are his by blood right, and Octavia is the heir apparent. And since it is an empire in question, the title probably should be emperor/empress, not king/queen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1