• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KamiErabi GOD.app (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Season 01: KamiErabi GOD.app (TV)
Season 02: KamiErabi GOD.app (TV 2)

Source: Original (created by Yokou Tarou)

Demographic: Sienen

Animation Studio: Unend

Genres: action, drama, magic, mystery, psychological, thriller, tournament

Themes: God, gore, magical creatures, moral dilemma, school, superpowers, survival game, tragedy

Plot Summary: Gorou's life isn't going all that well, and he's frustrated at not being able to act when he thinks he ought to. After watching a cat get hit by a truck and noticing that no one else tried to help either, he goes home to find a strange new invite on his phone. When he accepts it, a tiny oni-like creature named Lall appears and tells him that he's become one of many people vying to become a god. Granted one wish by the app, Goro now has a special power to use to fight against the other competitors.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 01: October 4, 2023 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Season 02: Pending
Available on: (probably Crunchyroll)

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 01: 13 episodes
Season 02: Pending

Total: 13 episodes
----------------------------------

From the creator of the Drakengard, Nier, and Nier: Automata video games.

Sounds very similar to the premise of Platinum End, which I actually never got around to finishing. Although, I hear the writing in that one wasn't too great. Maybe this is Tarou's retort for fixing problems with the former.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely got Platinum End vibes from this. Actually, I kind of dug Platinum End so that's not a bad thing, necessarily. And the fact that this is based on something created by the mind behind NieR: Automata is a big plus for me.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:01 pm Reply with quote
This anime does have a similar vibe, but I didn't find the characters as irritating.

The CG animation is like a fever dream. I kind of got used to it after a bit, and the story is better than shows that have this kind of production usually wind up. At it's best, it's a bit like Alec in Wonderland, only Wonderland comes to Alec instead of the other way around, and it's all creepy hatters and weird cats, no cute mice or sleepy rabbits. At its worst, the anime was "Huh? What happened in the last forty seconds again? Was it weird or did my mind wander because I got bored?"

I watched it all the way through, and I like the weird karmic twist thing at the end. I have no idea if I'll watch the second episode or not - it's one of those shows that left some impressions that stuck with me, but it's going to take me a while to figure out if that's a good thing or not.

I would recommend giving it a try though.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, that is a drop from me, kind of glad that there are a few easy drops this season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:13 pm Reply with quote
How many shows are you at, smurky? Right now I'm at 19. And this ain't one of them.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:21 pm Reply with quote
If everything else I am interested in is good, like 32 or so, but I hope to reach 28 or so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1