• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Home Hero Manga Takes 1-Month Break Before Entering Climax

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to see what happened past where the anime ended.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:32 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Tetsuo fought spoiler[a cult in act 2, the earliest setup for that was skipped in the anime, leading to Jonestown 2.0 and is now reenacting The Dark Knight in act 3. His wife also has a 2nd child at age 42.]

Act 2 never stood a chance of getting an anime regardless of what one thinks of how act 1 was adapted. The sect theme and crazy high body count + graphic suicide, children included, could never air on Japanese TV. Not even in live-action. An advertiser´s Kryptonite. Act 3 covers urban terrorism with commentary on The War on Terror and PMCs. Almost as taboo a topic as what act 2 goes over. Both are prime material for US TV though. King adaptations or Person of Interest are examples.

Edit: added spoiler tags. Errinundra.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gilarack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:10 am Reply with quote
Judging from the cover the 1-month until climax are worth it... at least for him.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:34 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

Tetsuo fought spoiler[a cult in act 2, the earliest setup for that was skipped in the anime, leading to Jonestown 2.0 and is now reenacting The Dark Knight in act 3. His wife also has a 2nd child at age 42.]

Act 2 never stood a chance of getting an anime regardless of what one thinks of how act 1 was adapted. The sect theme and crazy high body count + graphic suicide, children included, could never air on Japanese TV. Not even in live-action. An advertiser´s Kryptonite. Act 3 covers urban terrorism with commentary on The War on Terror and PMCs. Almost as taboo a topic as what act 2 goes over. Both are prime material for US TV though. King adaptations or Person of Interest are examples.

Edit: added spoiler tags. Errinundra.

Thanks for the info! It is really said that such topic won't e adapted into anime. At least we received a partly adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1