• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking for English language mangas and light novels

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynthia Enzenauer Raaum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Why is it so hard to find mangas and light novels translated into English? I'm still waiting for Tokyo Ravens in English. Why not publish them in English at the same time as they do in Japanese?
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
You're obviously not looking hard enough. There are hundreds if not thousands of manga series available to buy in English.
Try this link for starters

As for why you cannot buy Tokyo Ravens specifically, it means none of the English language publishers have decided to publish it as they don't see it as worthwhile. Maybe if you write a message to them and let them know you'd like to read it, they might pay attention.

The reason why 99.9% of series are not published in English at the same time as Japanese is that it's incredibly expensive to do so, especially for print releases. It's just not worth it for anything other than the super popular series and even then you will only get simultaneous digital releases.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1