• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Initial D Skin

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
Was anybody posting and then this skin randomely came up? Looks like this is just an advertisement for the newest DVD release, and not any episodes.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:08 am Reply with quote
I hope it doesn't stay too long, it's kind of... ugly. I do like the black and blue color scheme though but it won't sway me to buy Initial D. Although I must admit, I am curious: who is the ghost of Mount Akina?

Was anyone else disappointed with the "click here to battle"? No battle, just TRSI. I thought it was at least going to be the first episode or something.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
I dont think its ugly.... I kind of like the new colour scheme. IMO, it kind suits ANN for some reason.

I like how ANN comes up with new colour schemes from time to time. It makes ANN colourful, something different to other anime websites and something to look foreward to.

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I hate the character designs. Other than that it's okay; it makes the window a lot narrower but I'll deal with it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quote
Ya, I've been having to scroll left and right way more then I'd want. Is there always a grid behind the characters in these skins? I remember the Air Gear one with a grid too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
namelissis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote
I have to say the previous one was better...
This has a higher bandwidth and loading is slow...
Slow=crappy...

It;s like ANIMENEWSNETWORK---Initial D's endorser...

Sorry about that
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
When it popped up on me last night, I almost didn't notice. Embarassed

Sort of too bad that they don't offer the first episode free. I just clicked on the "click here to battle" and it just takes you to Right Stuf to order the series. Rather disappointing.

I agree with the comment about the character designs. They don't really do anything for me.

At least the skin colors don't hurt my eyes...
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Sort of too bad that they don't offer the first episode free. I just clicked on the "click here to battle" and it just takes you to Right Stuf to order the series. Rather disappointing.

What's funny is that the page takes you to the Tokyopop ordering "powered by rightstuf" but if you actually go to rightstuf you can buy it cheaper.

I haven't liked any of the skins recently. Not so much that they don't look nice but that there haven't been any shows that I actually like or would want to support, so every time I see them I just click "my ANN" and switch back to the 2006 redesign. And it wouldn't even bother me since my screen is large enough that the skins actually take up the unused space I normally see on each side, but I don't want to look at Initial D or Le Chevalier or anything else that doesn't look interesting to me. Maybe the next skin will be sponsored by a series I actually like and then there'd be one I can use regularly aside from the usual skin.
zhengdi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quote
Well, it's really kind of ugly(Sorry but have to say that), the company could have draw the characters better, usually its Anime whose better than Manga, but this time Manga is so much better than the Anime... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
I hate it the new skin. It probably has to do with the fact that I abhorred the character designs when I watched Initial D, which I also found it to be a sub-par series.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I expected a Free Episode Button to be in place, but apparently, TOKYOPOP is too cheap for that courtesy or blew the cash on trying to promote Princess Ai.

Oh well, at least I got the DVD's for cheap on eBay (and not the bootlegs).
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree that the skin made postings in the forums a little bit narrower. I guess I couldn't care, since I haven't seen or read this series, though I have a few of the soundtracks since they sound pretty good.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:

What's funny is that the page takes you to the Tokyopop ordering "powered by rightstuf" but if you actually go to rightstuf you can buy it cheaper..

hahah I love when they do that. Tokyopop will send me these emails "use this coupon code and get 10% off!" and then I just go to rightstuf and get everything 25% off without coupons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I personaly think its ugly. The character designs are gross. Never seen this series, but it dosnt look very interesting anyways. :/
I actually liked the Le Chevalier D'Eon skin, but apart from that one, none of the new skins so far have striked my fancy. But by far this is my least favourite one so far I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote
Am I seeing things, or has the thread moved to the Aussie side of the site?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2