• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ookiku Furikabutte wins Kodansha's Manga Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd been meaning to check out the Ookiku Furikabutte for a while now, but this season been so packed I just don't have time I am still trying to start another series currently, why couldn't some of the shows from this season been throw into Fall where the line up wasn't as great, and I ended up only following two via fansub. And the third title I would of watch via fansub ended up being available for DVD faster then expected so I dropped it from fansub.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Told ya sports manga get a lot of love in Japan!

I'm not really interested in any of the other new shows out there, and this is really the only show that really interests me (other than Sola and Emma2). Oofuri is kinda like Hikaru No Go, starts off slow and kinda dumb, but the best part is seeing the maturization of the more immature characters and the story does get really good later on.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
That is such a wonderful news. I watched the first few episodes and I'm already addicted to it. It's alot like HnG in terms of getting hooked on it easily. It tends to get a bit boring though but that's because it's realistic.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei getting some love.[/url]
leongsh

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote
Very pleased that Ookiku Furikabutte won the grand prize this year. It's sad that the manga is still fairly unknown outside Japan. The anime adaptation is doing a sterling job so far and I've fallen hard for it. I've even pre-ordered the 1st volume of the R2J DVD.

Another title that's worthy of the kudos is Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei - one of the shounen series award winners this round. Looking forward to the anime adaptation. I'm extremely curious as to how it will carry over.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I'll restrain from using a descriptive phrase that has been given to Ookiku Furikabutte on another forum, but from what I've read its well-done but rather annoying; certainly no Touch. But whatever, the Kodansha's are basically a glorified popularity contest/advertisement. Nothing to get complain about.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
I'll restrain from using a descriptive phrase that has been given to Ookiku Furikabutte on another forum, but from what I've read its well-done but rather annoying; certainly no Touch. But whatever, the Kodansha's are basically a glorified popularity contest/advertisement. Nothing to get complain about.

What I've heard is that if you really like baseball, the series is incredible. If you're bored by baseball, you just notice how the eyes are pointing in different directions and yawn.
When I was still buying Afternoon, I was ignoring it for exactly those reasons...

I'd also suggest that it did not when the grand prize, but the general prize, which is simply the prize for anything not shonen, shojo, or jido.
My memory of previous Kodansha awards is a little hazy, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means in practice...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1