• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Been enjoying the show, surprised to see it picked up
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sentai Filmworks will release the 25-episode series digitally on The Anime Network and "many other outlets" soon. Sentai Filmworks' press release did not mention a home video release.

Ah. I bet this is the show that will fill the little question mark box on the Crunchyroll line-up page.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Sentai's really been cleaning house lately in terms of picking up stuff. This isn;t my favorite show of the season or anything, but I;m always cool for a legal stream.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Wait, no video release? Forget that noise.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Ah, now I can watch it legally.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the press release, it sounds like a solid license rather than a digital-only one, as it seems like they are merely stating the first wave of its distribution.

Really glad to see someone pick it up, as I wanted to check the series out and see Junichi Sato doing something outside of his usual stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
This anime is far to mundane and uninteresting for my tastes..I had enough after I watched the first episode..Sentai needs to license better shows in the future.
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Ah, now I can watch it legally.

Same. I was hoping this was going to be picked up Smile I'm really enjoying this even if it only has popcorn value. Doesn't mean that its too dumb not to be entertaining.

As far as no home video announcement, its early yet. I waited to hear when this would be licensed, and it paid off. I have hope for a DVD release at some point.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Be careful guys, it's a trap. No, really... it's a trap. And a extremely well hidden trap with a very high kill ratio, mind you.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well it been good but not worth getting if its not dub
Taiyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
This anime is far to mundane and uninteresting for my tastes..I had enough after I watched the first episode..Sentai needs to license better shows in the future.
I thought the same, and I still say that it's the stupidest goddamn show I've ever watched...

But you know? It's actually entertaining. I think a lot of that is due to the high quality animation and *amazing* soundtrack. It makes the show much more exciting than it actually is.

I think if ADV could get back in the groove and whip up a really fun dub that compliments the show's ridiculousness, it'd make for a pretty big contender.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

David Williams said it would be getting one on the Fandom Post forums:
Quote:
Yes home video is coming, we just haven't finalized all the release details yet.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

David Williams said it would be getting one on the Fandom Post forums:
Quote:
Yes home video is coming, we just haven't finalized all the release details yet.

In other words, they will be looking closely at streaming numbers before they make their final call on a dub and bluray release. So if you want a dub, watch the streams. Smile

It's definitely interesting to see Sentai nab another current Sunrise show. Legal streams are always a plus and I wouldn't be surprised to see this pop up on Crunchyroll either. There have been a lot of interesting developments at Sentai lately. Smile
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I think if ADV could get back in the groove and whip up a really fun dub that compliments the show's ridiculousness, it'd make for a pretty big contender.
I wish that would happen as well, but I doubt it'll happen. Fans would run neo-ADV out of the Internet on a rail...again Sad
Quote:
In other words, they will be looking closely at streaming numbers before they make their final call on a dub and bluray release. So if you want a dub, watch the streams.

I realize that this show is pretty lame, but do I watch it to support Sentai and encourage them to bring it out dubbed, or do I, knowing that the show sucks and the dub will most likely suck, abandon Sentai on this venture and ignore the show?

This is even harder than the usual "sacrifice principles to buy a crappy show with a castrated dub to support the best company" conundrum Sentai presents Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I kinda figured this would be a Funi show. Well, good for Sentai! I was sorta interested in this so Ill check out the stream down the road.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2