• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is the stupidest manga ever made.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alice20th

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote
Fortunately, most of us will never read any of the worst manga because of the manga system.

All of the manga published in magazines include reader response cards that are also entries into a contest for prizes. The publishers take the reader-preference data from those cards and decide whether to continue the magazine's series or not. If the answer is "not," then the series is quickly wrapped up and put out to pasture. (Usually, they don't even bother to put out a tankobon version of it.)

In other words, the stupidest manga ever made was weeded out of the manga "gene pool" a long time before the American companies even have a chance to license it.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
There are no stupid mangas, just readers Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote
Tokyopop has brought over a few stinkers. The one I can think of at the moment is Evil's Return.

spoiler[So a girl gets her Period, and it unleases a whole lotta Demons? Oh-tay.....]
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
The edited version of Tenjho Tenge. Some of the stuff they edit is important to character development. So it's more the publishers that are stupid then the manga.

But I guess, I'll go with Excel Saga, but it's meant to be stupid, that's why it's funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
water_Demon_girl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't think there is suck a thing as a stupid manga. It's your opinion. If you think it's stupid then someone else might think that manga is awsome.That's why I don't think there is such thing as a stupid manga.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Tokyopop has brought over a few stinkers. The one I can think of at the moment is Evil's Return.

spoiler[So a girl gets her Period, and it unleases a whole lotta Demons? Oh-tay.....]

Everytime I see a volume of that on the shelf, I just laugh...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
YFT8831

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't see any manga title that gone stupid. Most of the manga titles were done very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shikigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, I never really liked Tokyo Mew Mew...I mean, everything that happened in it was so stupid. No plot line what so ever....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
YFT8831 wrote:
I don't see any manga title that gone stupid. Most of the manga titles were done very well.

Try reading Happy Lesson. A guy live with 4 hot sexy teacher who's always in love with him and want to baby him.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
YFT8831 wrote:

Try reading Happy Lesson. A guy live with 4 hot sexy teacher who's always in love with him and want to baby him.
I have heard that the anime sucks too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
YFT8831 wrote:

I have heard that the anime sucks too.

I have heard that it is a complete rip-off of lovehina cept the girls are all like 10 years older.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
I have heard that it is a complete rip-off of lovehina cept the girls are all like 10 years older.

No, a complete ripoff of Love Hina is Amaenai de Yo!!. Happy Lesson is just a poorly executed harem comedy with a retarded premise. The manga is pretty crappy for that matter. I am shamed to have bought it and read it.

And yet, Happy Lesson included, I've not read a worse manga than Loki Ragnarok. I don't care if the English version is actually volume six on, I doubt I would still find it interesting even if I knew who was who.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
The worst manga or something close to that would be......Samurai Girl Real Bout High. Is that enough of a reason? I think so. But another close one would be the Manga adaptation of Gundam SEED. Everything was so rushed in the manga. So horrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
The worst manga or something close to that would be......Samurai Girl Real Bout High. Is that enough of a reason? I think so.

The Manga at least has some comprehensible plot. The Anime takes a 180 and goes off on a completely different tangent.
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
The worst manga or something close to that would be......Samurai Girl Real Bout High. Is that enough of a reason? I think so. But another close one would be the Manga adaptation of Gundam SEED. Everything was so rushed in the manga. So horrible.

Actually, I quite enjoyed Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School.

What reasons do you have for it being the worst, rather than simply finding it not to your taste?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4