• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
I had expected they would license it. Anyone else share my view?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I figured they would ever since it came out in Japan.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
While I'm not surprised, I am very pleased at this announcement. Very Happy

My only complaint is, I have to wait until 2009?? Dangit... Mad
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
yes just hope it out by the new year
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Ah, confirmation is a good thing! Smile

I have no doubts about them keeping the same actors, at least in the major roles. If Funi went to the trouble of having ADV do the dub for FMP:TSR to keep continuity, then I would say it's highly likely everyone will be called to reprise their roles. Someone in the other thread mentioned that Laura Bailey may have moved to LA. Well, I'm sure she would be perfectly willing to come back to voice Henrietta.

Now, we need a release date so I can put my pre-order in. Cool
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
It's no surprise that they got it but they announced it very quickly (1.5 months after the TV broadcast). That'll make the wait even longer for the GSG fans although us Ouran and DTB fans have already been waiting longer...

daedelus wrote:
Ah, confirmation is a good thing! Smile

I have no doubts about them keeping the same actors, at least in the major roles. If Funi went to the trouble of having ADV do the dub for FMP:TSR to keep continuity, then I would say it's highly likely everyone will be called to reprise their roles. Someone in the other thread mentioned that Laura Bailey may have moved to LA. Well, I'm sure she would be perfectly willing to come back to voice Henrietta.

Actually Kadokawa licensed TSR and they're the ones who hired ADV for the dub. They had Funimation do everything else though.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Jay Sherman wrote:
It sucks! Razz

daedelus wrote:
Someone in the other thread mentioned that Laura Bailey may have moved to LA. Well, I'm sure she would be perfectly willing to come back to voice Henrietta.

Or she could record online like some do these days.
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I think it's totally awesome Very Happy . I thought the first season was so cool when I came across it two years ago. Although I have seen some of the episodes from season 2 already (fansubs), I was waiting for Funimation to release them here. The animation and voices are way different then the last, but it still works like before.

The only thing I kinda have a problem with is this new season is closely following the manga almost to a tee, where as the first season almost had it's own seperate interpetation of the manga, using only people, places and events more for references, rather then copying the manga word for word (or image to image).

Still, I love the Pinocchio arc and I can't wait to see it finally get here. I already own the first season (yes, I paid for mine Razz ) and I plan to buy this one next year for sure Wink .
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Or she could record online like some do these days.

Depends on the capabilities at the studio. I wouldn't be surprised to find them using something like SourceConnect, but with the costs of ISDN sessions it'd be cheaper to fly her to Texas to do the lines.

Also, if she doesn't have an actual studio in her house (most VO talent don't, but have a simpler setup for auditions), then she'd have to rent time at one, which is an additional cost.

Nothing personal, but if I were doing the session, I wouldn't want someone recording their lines on a USB mic in their closet (which is how some folks do it). Even using a half decent mic and preamp in an untreated environment would give me pause.

Sorry, I'll take off the recording engineer hat now Laughing
GwennBlackfeather

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
This looks interesting. Loved the first season, and was the Pinocchio arc really that good?
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
GwennBlackfeather wrote:
This looks interesting. Loved the first season, and was the Pinocchio arc really that good?

The manga version was awesome, and it showed Triela alot of vulnerability that she had to overcome. Not to mention Pinocchio is a brainwashed, mixed-up bastard Wink .

Personally, I think it's great Wink .
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
GwennBlackfeather wrote:

It was great in the manga, but the anime suffers from being poor at... just about everything. The characters and storyline are still good, but the delivery is lousy.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Cool, and Funimation is going to be releasing it all at once -- definitely a good move, I think. I haven't seen Il Teatrino or the first series yet, but maybe I will consider purchasing them now.
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
That'll make the wait even longer for the GSG fans although us Ouran and DTB fans have already been waiting longer...

I believe that Funimation should stop licensing stuff until they have fully released series they have been sitting on for a year or longer. I'm getting a little tired of hearing "Funi licensed this" and "Funi licensed that", and we still don't even have a dub cast list or even a release date for Ouran. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm getting a little tired of hearing "Funi licensed this" and "Funi licensed that", and we still don't even have a dub cast list or even a release date for Ouran.

I know! We want Ouran news now!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2