• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hai Fidelity - An Cafe: Gokutama Rock Cafe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anath_19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that you reviewed this album, I was going to suggest it but never got around to it. I quite enjoy this album, and I feel you gave a fair grade to most of the songs (though I think I enjoyed Pierce a little bit more than you did, at least). I do have a couple nit-picks though:

Quote:
the band has performed in the United States at A-Kon in Dallas, TX

They actually didn't perform at A-Kon, they just hosted a Q&A session and two autograph sessions. Their first concert in the US was at Fanime '08. (evidence that I'm not just saying whatever I want)

Quote:
Click below for a clip of the song "Marionette"

You might want to change that to "S*B*Y."

Also, a couple suggestions for albums you might want to check out:
Yousei Teikoku - Gothic Lolita Propaganda, Metanoia (gothic techno/rock-ish group, has composed theme songs for anime, and the vocalist is Yui Itsuki)
Mucc - Shion, Best of Mucc (performed ED theme for Zombie Loan, plus their Best of album was released in the US, so it makes for a cheaper purchase)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your next review.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:

Quote:
the band has performed in the United States at A-Kon in Dallas, TX

They actually didn't perform at A-Kon, they just hosted a Q&A session and two autograph sessions. Their first concert in the US was at Fanime '08. (evidence that I'm not just saying whatever I want)

Ah, my mistake then. I thought I read somewhere that they performed.

Quote:

Quote:
Click below for a clip of the song "Marionette"

You might want to change that to "S*B*Y."

Yeah, that should read "S*B*Y." "Marionette" was the song from the Ayumi Hamasaki column.

Thank you Anime smile I will take your suggestions into consideration!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quote
I love An Cafe. They balance the usually dark and heavy songs on my playlists. Their music is just so darn fun.

I second Anath_19. A MUCC review would be cool. And D'espairsRay is still on the list, right? Good column as always! Smile
Cassandra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote
ANBUx3 wrote:

I second Anath_19. A MUCC review would be cool. And D'espairsRay is still on the list, right? Good column as always! Smile

Yes, D'espairsRay is still on the list. But I shall not tell you when it will be coming up!! Muahahahaha! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anath_19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
ANBUx3 wrote:

Yes, D'espairsRay is still on the list. But I shall not tell you when it will be coming up!! Muahahahaha! Wink

Wasn't expecting D'espa on the list because of a lack of any connection to anime, but I'm glad to hear you'll be reviewing one of their albums. I love them quite a bit. I'll look forward to seeing it.
Namia_the_Theif_18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
i remember readin about them in Shojo Beat. i LIKE them alot, i'm glad that they released a second album and just out of curiosity: has any of their songs been used for an anime yet? their songs can totally make a good opening or ending.
Coriander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a band I will have to check out! They sound like a good band to listen to for dancing beats and a more uplifting sound.

And they are super cute! Bonus! *grins*

Awesome! Thanks for the great column!
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quote
Anath_19 wrote:

Wasn't expecting D'espa on the list because of a lack of any connection to anime, but I'm glad to hear you'll be reviewing one of their albums. I love them quite a bit. I'll look forward to seeing it.[/quote]

There will occasionally be non-anime-related bands reviewed - it just won't happen very often.

Namia_the_Theif_18 wrote:
i remember readin about them in Shojo Beat. i LIKE them alot, i'm glad that they released a second album and just out of curiosity: has any of their songs been used for an anime yet? their songs can totally make a good opening or ending.

An Cafe? As I said in the review, “Kakusei Heroism~The Hero Without a “Name”~” was the second theme song for Darker Than BLACK.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote
It's a pity that an error in the original article that was pointed out on the same day that it appeared was not corrected in the original article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1