• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Events] Goldfish scoop booth / Tournament

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taymon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Hello, i have a question i would like to ask EVERY con-goer on here but first, a little Info!!

A Goldfish scoop booth / Kingyo-sukui stall, you see them all over the place in hundreds, maybe thousands of Anime's and Manga's.

((Example:
*Azumanga Daioh
*Elfen Lied
*Mai-HiME
*Ranma 1/2 - when Ranma succeeds in catching all of the fish after discovering it doubles as speed training, the enraged owner made him scoop piranhas with his hands if he wanted to keep them all. He succeeds.
*Maison Ikkoku (manga only)
*Love Hina
*Tenshi Na Konamaiki
*Lucky Star - Kagami overfeeds the goldfish, and it grows to an unusual size.
*Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
*Sailor Moon Played for for laughs when Minako (who is helping at the stall) deliberately weakens the nets after being mistaken for older than she actually is by the children who visit the stall.
*Mahoraba
*Hand Maid May
*Generator Gawl: Gawl and the magician-generator compete by catching an insane number of goldfish before continuing on with their battle.
*Great Teacher Onizuka: And when Noboru expresses sympathy for the goldfish (as they obviously don't live very long compared to pet store fish), this wins major points in the eyes of his Tsun Dere Love Interest Anko.
*Konjiki No Gash Bell
*Dennou Coil
*Haruhi Suzumiya: Especially shown because it was "a rare request from Mikuru", in Haruhi's own words.
*Haruhi Suzumiya
*Haruhi Suzumiya
*Haruhi Suzumiya ... you get the idea. There's a reason that particular arc is called "ENDLESS Eight".
*Nyoron Churuya San
*Tenchi Muyo!. They actually had two booths, though the creatures in Ryoko's booth were most definitely not goldfish.

JUST to name a few..... )))

A Fun family game usually held in Japanese summer or shrine festivals. After paying typically 100 yen you are given a single paper scoop to try and grab as many goldfish OR rubber balls in some cases, then place them in a bowl before your scoop breaks away.

You can then either keep the fish / bouncy balls scooped or trade them for different better prizes depending on how many fish / balls you scooped out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now to the point, I own and run a Kingyo-sukui or Goldfish scoop booth for small fairs and party events. I would LOVE to take my booth to a Con!! The Problem is... I'm not sure how i should go about this. Ask to hold a Booth at a Con, or maybe hold a Kingyo-sukui Tournament instead.

So the question here is...

Would you like to see and play a Kingyo-sukui Booth at a Con for prizes.

OR

Would you like to see and enter a Kingyo-sukui Tournament to try your hand at getting first place and winning prize money.

~~~~PLEASE NOTE!!!! Both will require money to play / enter... a poll on another date will decide a fare entrance / play Fee!! Both will also have either prizes or rewards. NO LIVE FISH WILL BE USED, Bouncy Balls will be used in there place~~~~

Please Vote on the poll below, which would you rather see at a Con that you might go to!!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4f14daa1c2e1b0e46f6bc294
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4f14e9fac2e1b0e4796bc294

Thank you so much for your time and vote!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1