• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Akira Director Collet-Serra Linked to Other Projects

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
Okay so they're making a pilot episode, by someone who is also working on the Akira live-action film. Does this even matter in the slightest?

This seems like trivia to me. It's like making a news report that Linda Hart who plays as Hetty in NCIS Los Angles also voice acted as Grandmother Willow in Disney's Pocahontas.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
Well its quite obvious they don't have even respect for the source material they need a vastly better director to take on Akira not the guy who directed the horrid house of wax!
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 am Reply with quote
The Goron Marshall wrote:
Okay so they're making a pilot episode, by someone who is also working on the Akira live-action film. Does this even matter in the slightest?

I think the point is that you can assume it will be further delayed with the director working on other stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
If you ask me, I don't think the live action Akira remake will ever see the light of day. You just watch, someday the whole project will either...

1. Dramatically bomb at the box office if it does get made or...

2. Be scrapped by Warner Bros. completely due to negative word of mouth on social networks.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
If you ask me, I don't think the live action Akira remake will ever see the light of day. You just watch, someday the whole project will either...

1. Dramatically bomb at the box office if it does get made or...

2. Be scrapped by Warner Bros. completely due to negative word of mouth on social networks.

If it does get made, I'll withold judgment on whether it will bomb once more is known about that actual script and acting capabilities of whoever gets casted. Secondly, Warner Bros. is not gonna scrap Akira because of nerd rage by anime fans. Didn't happen in the case of DBE, not likely to happen in this case either. If it doesn't get made, nerd rage would be the absolute last factor in that decision Rolling Eyes you know if it really even factors in at all.
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Just go watch the film Chronicle. The last fifteen minutes or so is, pretty much verbatim, the ending to Akira.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Just go watch the film Chronicle. The last fifteen minutes or so is, pretty much verbatim, the ending to Akira.

Yeah the creators of Chronicle are HUGE Akira fans. I'm surprise the blob scene didn't happen at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1