Saint Seiya Omega's Story, Characters, 1st Episode Outlined
posted on by Egan Loo
The Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web site posted an outline of the story and characters for the Saint Seiya anime series that Toei Animation announced on Tuesday. The April television series features a new generation of Saints in the storyline launched by Masami Kurumada's 1986-1990 mythological fantasy manga and Toei's subsequent 1986-1989 television anime.
Kōga is a 13-year-old boy who assumed the role of the Bronze Saint of the Pegasus constellation. His undefeatable spirit and rebellious nature are strong, as is his single-minded determination. He meets the Saints and comes to learn about the importance of friendship and bonds. His special technique is the "Fist of the Pegasus Meteor."
Saori Kido also appears as the protector of peace and all living things on Earth — and the woman who raised Kōga like a parent. She is the incarnation of the fighting goddess Athena. Mars, a warrior of the red planet, kidnaps Athena to establish a new world order, and Kōga stands up against Mars.
Other characters who appear include:
- Yuna, the 14-year-old heroine and Bronze Saint of the eagle constellation Aquila
- Sōma, Kōga's 14-year-old loyal close friend and Bronze Saint of the lion constellation Lionet
- Ryūhō, Kōga's 12-year-old younger brother and Bronze Saint of the dragon constellation Draco
- Eden, the enigmatic 15-year-old Bronze Saint of the constellation Orion
- Haruto, the 13-year-old intelligent descendent of ninja and Bronze Saint of the wolf constellation
In the first episode, Athena sees the sleeping baby Kōga at the Sanctuary where the 12 Constellations can be seen. However, a looming darkness rises, and it topples a pillar right over Kōga. Fortunately, the Gold Saint Seiya appears and saves Kōga from certain death. Then, the malevolent enemy Mars appears, dressed in a cloak.
Update: Lionet's name corrected. Thanks, mangaka-chan.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history