News Square and Shueisha [New Details]
posted on 2000-11-18 13:17 EST
Square will be adding manga content to their PlayOnline gaming network by 2001. Square will be teaming up with Shueisha, publishers of Shonen Jump, to make a brand spankin' new company that will be in charge of digitalizing manga and preparing it for online distribution. Square has not decided on many details, such as how manga will be viewed or how charges will be handled.
More Details from ANN's Japanese Correspondent:
According to the 18th issue of Asahi Shimbun, publisher Shueisha (Jump) and game developper Square (Final Fantasy) have announced that they will be setting up a joint venture firm to distribute Manga from Shueisha's weekly manga magazine Shonen Jump on the internet. Shueisha will acquire a 70% stake in the new firm, which is to be formed in the spring, and Square will aquire the remaining 30%.
Every Saturday Manga fans will be able to read Manga from the previous Monday's Shonen .
Available Now: Girlish Number - Fall 2016 Short Anime - Magic of Stella - March comes in like a lion - Occultic; Nine - Poco's Udon World - Long Riders - ClassicaLoid - Kiss Him, Not Me! - Haikyu! Season 3 - Drifters - Lostorage incited WIXOSS - ALL OUT!! - Keijo!!!!!!! - FLIP FLAPPERS - Brave Witches - and much more!