News Kadokawa Pictures USA Licensing Unit Shuts Down
posted on 2009-09-28 11:50 EDT by Egan Loo
The Kadokawa Pictures production company confirmed on its website that its Kadokawa Pictures USA subsidiary has closed down as of August 31. Kadokawa Pictures USA licensed several anime titles with the intent of having other companies handle their release and distribution outside Japan. Those titles include the following:
- Canvas2 ~Niji-iro no Sketch~
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (TV)
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (OAV)
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun (My Heartfelt Sympathy, Ninomiya-kun)
- H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
- Junjō Romantica
- Lucky Star
- Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Rental Magica
- Shuffle! Memories
- Spice and Wolf
- The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye
- Wagaya no Oinarisama.
Of these titles, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye have been released by ADV Films, Funimation, Bandai Entertainment, and Right Stuf. Right Stuf also announced this year that it will release Rental Magica and two seasons of the Junjou Romantica anime, while Funimation will release Spice and Wolf. No distribution partners had been announced for the remaining anime titles. In addition to anime, Kadokawa Pictures USA also coordinated the licenses of its parent company's live-action film and television works.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history