News Books-A-Million Picks Up 14 Borders Store Lease
posted on 2011-09-01 12:39 EDT
Following last week's news that the retail chain Books-A-Million (BAM) had agreed to acquire the leases to 14 Borders stores, the agreement was approved by the court on Monday. Borders announced its closure in July.
The deal lets BAM open its first stores in seven new states: Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, and Michigan. BAM would take over the stores after the completion of Borders' going-out-of business sales or October 1, whichever is later.
The deal covers the following stores:
- Columbia Crossing, Columbia, MD
- Bangor Mall, Bangor, ME
- Maine Mall, South Portland, ME
- The Strip, Canton, OH
- Oak Point Plaza, Eau Claire, WI
- Grand Traverse Crossing, Traverse City, MI
- Wrangleboro Road, Mays Landing, NJ
- Northridge Shopping Center, Davenport, IA
- Edwardsville Crossing, Edwardsville, IL
- Fort Eddy Plaza, Concord, NH
- Haines Avenue, Rapid City, SD
- Valley Square Center, West Lebanon, NH
- Viewmont Mall, Scranton, PA
- Waterford Commons, Waterford, CT
BAM also named a new president, Terry Finley, who succeeds Clyde Anderson, although Anderson remains chairman and CEO.
Source: Publishers Weekly