News Shueisha's Cocohana Magazine Manga Lineup Revealed
posted on 2011-11-28 20:00 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The Japanese publisher Shueisha revealed its lineup for its new Cocohana magazine, which launched on Monday. The new magazine is a relaunch of Shueisha's women's magazine Chorus, which had its final two-volume issue in October.
The name Cocohana is derived from the phrase "Kokoro ni Hana o," and Shueisha is promoting the relaunched magazine as a "shōjo magazine for adults."
Cocohana's first issue featured nine new serialized works, two continuing series from Chorus, and three one-shot works. The magazine's second issue will begin serialization on Fusako Kuramochi's as Eris, Setona Mizushiro's Nōnai Poison Berry, and Nobuko Yoshiya and Mari Ozawa's Hana Monogatari manga on December 28. Nōnai Poison Berry was previously published in Chorus. Cocohana's official website is currently hosting previews for each work.
The magazine's first issue included the following serialized works:
- Kakukaku Shikajika by Akiko Higashimura
- YES! by Satoru Makimura
- Ashi Girl by Kozueko Morimoto
- Kyō wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. by Mari Fujimura
- Suna to Iris by Shinobu Nishimura
- Samurai Kaasan Plus by Mina Itaba
- Soyo Soyo. by Sekaiichi Asakura
- Caramel Time by Nao Arita
- Kozue no Mori by Ayami Kanemori
- Kazoku Switch by Toriko Chiya (previously serialized in Chorus)
- Papa Told Me by Nanae Haruno (previously serialized in Chorus)
- Boku wa Tokyo de Real by Davi Nathanael (continuing)
The first issue also featured the following one-shot works:
- Tsumasaki de Odoru by Fumiko Tanikawa
- Biseinen by Tomoko Yamashita
- Hanamuko by Peco Watanabe
[Via Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web]