Battle Royale's U.S. Theaters Listed
posted on by Justin Sevakis
North American distributor Anchor Bay announced the lineup for its upcoming theatrical release of Battle Royale, director Kinji Fukusaku's 2000 feature film adaptation of Koshun Takami's 1999 novel. The theatrical release will be the film's first official release in North America.
- 2/24: Madison, WI – University of Wisconsin Madison (free to campus)
- 2/24 – 2/25: Tulsa, OK – Circle Cinema
- 3/11: Cambridge, MA - Brattle Theater
- 3/11: Seattle, WA - Northwest Film Forum
- 3/2 – 3/3: Portland, OR – Hollywood Theater
- 3/2: Spokane, WA – Magic Lantern
- 3/8-3/9: Winchester, VA – Alamo Drafthouse
- 3/9-3/10: Minneapolis, MN – Landmark Lagoon 5
- 3/9 – 3/15: Tucson AZ – Loft Cinema 2
- 3/10: Providence RI - Arkham Film Fest
- 3/10: Huntington NY – Cinema Arts Center
- 3/16-3/17: Denver, CO – Denver Film Center
- 3/18: Houston, TX – Alamo Drafthouse
- 3/16-3/18 & 3/20: Austin, TX – Alamo Drafthouse
- 3/19: Philadelphia, PA – The Philadelphia Film Society/The Trocadero
- 3/23-3/24: Seattle, WA – The Egyptian Theater
- 3/30-3/31: Washington DC – E Street
- 4/6-4/7: Dallas, TX – Inwood Theater
- 4/13: San Francisco, CA – The Castro Theater
- 4/20-4/26: Seattle, WA - SIFF Cinema
- 4/21: Columbus OH – 28th Annual Ohio Science Fiction Marathon
- 4/22 – TBD: Columbis OH – Drexel Theater
- 4/22: New York, NY – IFC Center
- 5/24: Chicago, IL – University of Chicago
Anchor Bay Entertainment has scheduled the Blu-ray Disc and DVD release in a four-disc boxed set — which includes the Japanese theatrical cut, the director's cut and the 2003 sequel Battle Royale II — as well as single-disc versions for March 20.
Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the news tip.
Update: MN's typo fixed. Thanks, otakunomike.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history