News L.A. Hatsune Miku Concert, Moteki Win Digital Media Awards
posted on 2012-03-03 18:15 EST
Japan's Association of Media in Digital (AMD) has announced on Monday that the Mikunopolis concert held at last year's Anime Expo and the film adaptation of Mitsurou Kubo's Moteki manga are among the nine winners of this year's Awards of Excellence in the 17th Annual AMD Awards. The awards honor digital media content and services that best use the latest technology in Japan in 2011. The winners will next compete for the Digital Contents of the Year grand prize and AMD Chairman's Award, which will be presented in a ceremony in Tokyo on March 19.
The following were awarded the Award of Excellence:
- Osawari Tantei Nameko Saibai Kit (smartphone app) - Beeworks
- Kyushu Shinkansen Zensen Kaigyo "Rei! Kyushu" Campaign (interactive media campaign) - "Rei! Kyushu" Production Team
- Dark Souls (PlayStation 3 game) - Dark Souls Development Team
- Niconico Nama Hōsō (live video streaming service) - Niwango
- Nintendo 3DS (handheld gaming device) - Nintendo 3DS Development Team
- Marumo no Okite (live-action TV series) - Fuji TV, Kyodo TV
- Mikunopolis in Los Angeles - “Nice To Meet You, I'm Hatsune Miku" (concert) - Mikunopolis 2011 Executive Committee
- Line (free voice and mail communication app) - NHN Japan
- Moteki (live-action film) - Toho, Office Crescendo
In addition to the Awards of Excellence, Toshiyuki Inoko earned the Naomi Enami Newcomer's Award for his leadership of Team Lab, the group responsible for the production of pop group Arashi's performance at last year's Kōhaku Uta Gassen broadcast. The Brasil Gifu Tabunka Kyousei (Multicultural Relations) Project developed by Ubusuna, Inc. received this year's Regional Award.
Previous winners of the award include Summer Wars as well as the Crunchyroll video-streaming website.