News AiCon 2013 on this Weekend in Hobart!
posted on 2013-03-14 15:00 EDT
Anime Island Convention (AICon) is Tasmania's longest running pop culture convention. The event primairly focuses on anime but it has a hefty focus on Cosplay events, theatre sports and a artistic focus unique to AICon.
- Where: Stanley Burbury Theatre, University of Tasmania, Sandy Bay Campus, Hobart.
- When: 16th and 17th of March, 2013. 9:30am to 6:30pm.
So you're wondering what will be fun at AiCon? Here's some of our highlights;
- 11:00am - Thank Kami You're Here: Anime variant of improv gameshow "Thank God You're Here". Main Theatre.
- 12:00pm - Cosplay Mystery Date: A fun event where cosplayers get into character and role-play out mystery dates. Life Science.
- 3:00pm - Tournament of Win: Four teams of four team up to take down everyone else and prove they are the best that ever was. Main Theatre.
- 11:00am - Cosplay Competition: AICon rewards not only the best cosplayers in skills, skits, themes and more, but has the mysterious acknowledgement awards for those fantasic cosplays that slip through the gaps. Cosplay in Tasmania always makes for entertaining viewing. Main Theatre.
- 12:30pm - The Slippery Slope: Because Buying One Figure Is Never Enough: The first step in realising you have a problem is admitting it, so go along and help these panellists and at the very least appreciate some good collections. Panels Room.
- 4:00pm - Tentacles and Mechs: Spics and Specs anime style to cap off the weekend! Main Theatre.
Ed- I'm not kidding, check out the theatre sports, they're a lot of fun.