Studio feel. Animates Outbreak Company TV Anime
posted on by Egan Loo
The August issue of Animedia magazine lists the staff for the television anime of Ichiro Sakaki's Outbreak Company - Moeru Shinryakusha light novel series:
- Director: Kei Oikawa
- Series Script Supervisor: Naruhisa Arakawa
- Character Designer: Takashi MAMEZUKA
- Main Animators: Kuniaki MASUDA, Yumi SHIMIZU, Kosuke MURAYAMA, Masakazu YAMAZAKI
- Color Design: Hiroshi Iwai-ta
- Art Director: Yuki Ikenoue
- Director of Photography: Yuuta NAKAMURA
- Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
- Sound Director: Takahiro Enomoto
- Music: Keiji Inai
- Music Production Pony Canyon
- Animation Production feel.
Outbreak Company's story centers around Shinichi Kano, a "thoroughbred class" otaku with a light novelist father and an erotic game artist mother. The NEET (not in education, employment, or training) high school dropout has no special talents except for his vast knowledge, opinions, and insight on moe.
Despite this, the Japanese government assigns Shinichi as a "moe" evangelist to the Holy Eldant Empire, a parallel world with an entrance through a thick forest of trees in the Mount Fuji area. In this fantasy world where dragons soar the skies, Shinichi forms a deep friendship with the half-elf maid girl Myuseru and the beautiful young empress Petralka. Even as he deals with the threats of war between different factions, he worries that he himself is an invader (shinryakusha) to this wondrous land.
The anime will premiere this fall on TBS and BS-TBS. Sakaki's writings already spawned several other anime such as Polyphonica, Scrapped Princess, and Strait Jacket.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history