News Dragon Quest Heroes Videos Compare PS3, PS4 Versions
posted on 2015-02-21 16:40 EST by Karen Ressler
Square Enix began streaming gameplay videos for Dragon Quest Heroes on Friday and Saturday, demonstrating the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions.
The game contents of the two versions will be the same. The PS4 version will offer improved graphics at 60 frames-per-second, PlayStation Vita remote play, share play (up until the opening dragon battle), the ability to share screenshots and videos, and the ability to create livestreams. The PS3 version will run at 30 frames-per-second and, in the case of monster army attacks, will show fewer monsters on screen. This will not affect the battles' difficulty.
Both versions will ship on February 26 in Japan. The PlayStation 4 version will cost 7,800 yen (about US$77), while the PlayStation 3 version will cost 6,800 yen (about US$67).
The game is being developed in collaboration with KOEI Tecmo Games' Omega Force team, which also developed the Warriors series of games, but the game will not be a Warriors title itself. In addition to being the first action RPG in the Dragon Quest series, the game will also be the first title in the series in ten years to be released on a PlayStation system. Yūji Horii is serving as the general director of the game, and Koichi Sugiyama is composing the soundtrack.
The story takes place in the kingdom of of Elsarze, where humans and monsters work hand in hand, and everything is peaceful. However, one day, the monsters turn violent, and begin attacking the humans. Captains of the imperial guards Act (voiced by Tori Matsuzaka) and Meer (Mirei Kiritani) stand up in order to bring back the original hearts of the monsters, and bring peace back to Elsarze once more.
The cast, including characters from previous Dragon Quest games, includes:
- Model and live-action actor Tori Matsuzaka as Act
- Live-action actress Mirei Kiritani as Meer
- Banjou Ginga as Dirk
- Mikako Komatsu as Julietta
- Rie Kugimiya as Homiron
- Idol and singer Shoko Nakagawa as Dragon Quest IV's Arena (Alena in English versions)
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Dragon Quest IV's Clift (Kiryl in English versions)
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Dragon quest IV's Manya (Maya in English versions)
- Kana Hanazawa as Dragon Quest V's Flora (Nera Briscoletti in English versions)
- Marina Inoue as Dragon Quest V's Bianca
- Fumihiko Tachiki as Dragon Quest VIII's Yangus
- Ayana Taketatsu as Dragon Quest VIII's Jessica
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Dragon Quest VI's Terry
- Ainosuke Kataoka as the boss character Hermudo