Live-Action Lychee Light Club Film's Cast, Staff, Teaser Unveiled
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for live-action film adaptation of Usamaru Furuya's Lychee Light Club manga revealed the main cast, staff, and teaser trailer on Thursday. The film will open in Japan this winter.
Eisuke Naitō is directing the film and collaborating with Keisuke Tominaga on the script. The film will have an original story, though original manga creator Furuya stated, "I think the contents will not betray fans of the original work."
The cast members, whose roles have not yet been revealed, are:
(Top Row, From Left)
- Shūhei Nomura (Taifū no Noruda, live-action Chihayafuru)
- Yūki Furukawa (live-action Itazura na Kiss, High School Debut)
- Shōtarō Mamiya (live-action Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo)
(Bottom Row, From Left)
- Junya Ikeda (Digimon Adventure tri. Saikai, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
- Ryō Matsuda (Kamen Rider Gaim)
- Junki Tozuka (Kamen Rider Wizard)
- Reiya Masaki (live-action All Esper Dayo!, Yarukkya Knight)
- Kisetsu Fujiwara
- Amane Okayama (live-action Another, Gasso)
The manga is itself an adaptation of an earlier stage play by Norimizu Ameya's theatrical troupe Tokyo Grand Guignol. The story revolves around nine students at an all-boys school who create a god-like Lychee machine to capture the beautiful women of the world. However, the machine eventually becomes self-aware "and is soon equally capable of measuring beauty and executing justice."
Usamaru Furuya's one-volume Lychee Light Club manga ran in Manga Erotics F from 2005 to 2006. North American publisher Vertical released the manga in April 2011. Furuya also drew the Bokura no Hikari Club (Our Light Club) prequel manga, which ended in 2012. The manga was published online for free in Ohta Publishing's Pocopoco web manga magazine.
Source: Comic Natalie