Live-Action Tokyo Ghoul Opens in Indonesia on September 13
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Indonesian cinema chains Moxienotion, Cinemaxx, and Encore Films Indonesia all announced last Friday and Saturday that the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film will open in Indonesia on September 13.
A kickoff event for the film in June revealed that the film will open in 10 Southeast Asian regions, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and the Philippines. Additionally, the film will screen in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, Korea, China, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
The film had its world premiere on July 3 at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, July 7 in Berlin, and July 10 at the Marunouchi Piccadilly theater in Chiyoda, Japan before its wide theatrical release in Japan on July 29. The film opened at #5 in the Japanese box office.
The cast includes:
- Masataka Kubota (live-action Death Note, Mars, Photo Braver 7 television series) as Ken Kaneki
- Fumika Shimizu as Tōka Kirishima
- Yū Aoi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin's Megumi) as Rize Kamishiro
- EXILE's Nobuyuki Suzuki as Kōtarō Amon
- Yo Oizumi (voice of Layton in the Professor Layton series) as Kureo Mado
- Kunio Murai (live-action Nobunaga Concerto) as Kuzen Yoshimura
- Kenta Hamano (live-action Moteki) as Enji Koma
- Nozomi Sasaki (One Piece Film Z) as Kaya Irimi
- Shuntarō Yanagi (live-action Crows Explode) as Renji Yomo
- Hiyori Sakurada (live-action Nigakute Amai) as Hinami Fueguchi
- Shōko Aida (The Case of Hana & Alice) as Ryōko Fueguchi
- Kai Ogasawara as Hideyoshi "Hide" Nagachika
- Kabuki actor Minosuke Bandō as Uta
- Shunya Shiraishi as Nishio Nishiki
- Seika Furuhata as Yoriko Kosaka
- Tomoya Maeno as Ippei Kusaba
- Dankan as Hisashi Ogura
- Ryō Iwamatsu as Akihiro Kanō
Kentarō Hagiwara ("Super Star" short) directed the film, and the production shot principal photography from last July to September. Masanori Morikawa, a Christian Dada designer and a fan of the original manga, designed the masks and costumes of the ghouls in the film. Don Davis (The Matrix film trilogy) composed the film's music, and Nicholas Becker (Arrival, Zero Gravity, Batman Begins) was in charge of sound special effects.
RADWIMPS band songwriter and guitarist Yōjirō Noda's illion solo project performed the theme song "Banka."
[Via Kaori Nusantara]