News Koei Tecmo Reveals Game Print Counts, Plans to Collaborate With 'Prominent Overseas IP' (Updated)
posted on 2018-04-26 14:15 EDT by Jennifer Sherman and Karen Ressler
Koei Tecmo Games revealed the print counts for some of its games in its three-month balance sheet presentation on Thursday.
- Dynasty Warriors 9: 730,000 copies (worldwide)
- Attack on Titan 2: 520,000 copies (worldwide)
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi: 130,000 copies (Japan, Asia)
- Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings: 180,000 copies (Japan, Asia)
- Fire Emblem Warriors: more than 1 million copies (worldwide)
- Nioh: 1.9 million copies
The presentation also noted that Koei Tecmo has plans to collaborate with a "prominent overseas IP."
Koei Tecmo reported sales of 38.926 billion yen (about US$356 million), an operating profit of 11.711 billion yen (about US$107 million), and an ordinary profit of 18.293 yen (about US$167 million) for the fiscal year of April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. While sales saw only a 5.1% increase from the year before, the company's operating profit was 33.4% of last year's, and its ordinary profit saw a 20.3% growth.
The company is aiming for an average yearly growth of 10% to reach sales of 51 billion yen by 2021. The company also aims to open a new office in Minato Mirai in January 2020.
Update: Added Nioh count listed on presentation.
[Via Hachima Kikō]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history