Cogeco Cable Adds Super Channel to Its Ontario Digital Line-Up
Montréal, February 12, 2008 — Cogeco Cable (TSX: CCA) announced the launch of the Super Channel package in Ontario. Super Channel is a new Canadian digital pay television service.
“We are thrilled to offer our customers the possibility to enjoy this new pay television service. Super Channel brings a wide range of frequently-updated movies and exclusive TV series from Canada, the U.S. and from around the world. We remain committed in delivering our customers the best TV experience possible and will continue to launch new digital channels as they become available,” declared Mr. Ron Perrotta, Vice President, Marketing of Cogeco Cable.
The Super Channel package is now available throughout many of Cogeco Cable's markets in Ontario, and will be more extensively deployed in Ontario in the months to come. The package, which offers engaging, award-winning and exclusive new series, hit movies, striking documentaries, extreme sports and international music events, includes 4 standard definition (SD) channels (channels 190 through 193) and a complementary Video On Demand service:
• Super Channel 1 (channel 190) provides the very best series, movies, documentaries and music;
• For viewers who tend to like alternative programming, Super Channel 2 (channel 191) may be a favourite; in addition to action, horror, and sci-fi programming this channel carries anime, unique comedies, extreme sports, gaming and music;
• Super Channel 3 (channel 192) caters to a female audience and offers light comedies, romantic comedies, thought-provoking documentaries, serious drama, world festival movies and the best of Bollywood entertainment;
• Super Channel 4 (channel 193) provides viewers premium programming shot and produced in Canada;
• The Super Channel On Demand service (channel 194) is available for free for all Super Channel subscribers and will include up to 63 hours of original programming upon launch.
The Super Channel package (with the exception of the On Demand content) will be available for a free trial to all Digital Select package subscribers in the regions where the service is available in Ontario until February 29, 2008. After the trial period, customers will benefit from an introductory price of only $10.99 for the first 6 months. The regular rate for Super Channel is $15.99 per month.
“With the variety, quality and control our Digital Television service offers, it's no wonder the popularity of this enhanced television experience continues to grow. During the first quarter of fiscal 2008, Cogeco added more than 16,000 digital customers. The addition of the Super Channel is another great advantage our service provides,” Mr. Perrotta concluded.
ABOUT COGECO CABLE
Cogeco Cable (www.cogeco.ca), a telecommunications company offering a diverse range of services to its customers in Canada and in Portugal, is the second largest cable operator in Ontario, Québec and Portugal, in terms of the number of Basic Cable service customers served. Through its two-way broadband cable networks, Cogeco Cable provides its residential and commercial customers with Analogue and Digital Television, High Speed Internet and Telephony services. The Corporation provides approximately 2,569,000 revenue-generating units (RGUs) to 2,365,000 homes passed in its Canadian and Portuguese service territories. Cogeco Cable's subordinate voting shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: CCA).