One Piece to Showcase First-ever Exhibition of its Kind in Singapore
Japan's hugely popular manga - ONE PIECE to showcase first-ever exhibition of its kind in Singapore, titled “Eiichiro Oda presents Hello, ONE PIECE Luffy is here!” at Resorts World Sentosa
Take part in a one-of-a-kind VR experience and explore the working desk of Eichiro Oda - who continues to inspire with ONE PIECE.
SINGAPORE, 15 th November 2018
Japan's hugely popular manga – ONE PIECE will be docking at The Maritime Experiential Museum (MEM) in Resorts World Sentosa for a special exhibition titled “Eiichiro Oda presents Hello, ONE PIECE Luffy is here!” from 27 November 2018 till 1 January 2019.
At the exhibition, fans explore the fantastic world of ONE PIECE; including iconic artworks, a replica of writer-illustrator Eiichiro Oda's desk at his workplace, and a virtual reality experience of Oda at work. The event introduces Oda's art to both fans of ONE PIECE and anyone who is keen to discover more about this colourful world. Singapore was chosen as the latest stop of this exhibition due to its liveliness and vibrancy that accompanies its love for manga.
About ONE PIECE
ONE PIECE is a high seas Manga adventure written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. It is a story about Luffy, who gains the special ability to stretch his body like rubber after eating the Gum-Gum Devil Fruit. Luffy forms the Straw Hat Pirates with his friends and embarks on an adventure to become the Pirate King by finding the mysterious treasure known as “ONE PIECE”.
ONE PIECE began its serialisation in the Weekly Shonen Jump manga magazine in 1997 and has gained unprecedented popularity ever since. Its popularity has expanded well beyond the shores of Japan with a readership in over 42 countries and regions worldwide! As of 2018, ONE PIECE has sold over 440 Million copies worldwide, making it one of Japan's most popular manga series.
About the Exhibition
Visitors journey through the exhibition in four inspiring sections, each covering a unique aspect of Oda's work:
• Hello, ONE PIECE! – An introduction and overview of the event greets visitors as they enter the exhibition space.
• Hello, Luffy! – ONE PIECE owes much of its success to the strong character of protagonist Luffy, who gives the story its signature charm and wit. Through the dialogue of various scenes from the story, this zone features the allure of Luffy using five keywords. This zone also features a giant-sized version of the iconic wanted-poster, featuring Luffy and describing key aspects of the story.
• Hello, Colourful World! – This zone dives into the colourful world of ONE PIECE created by writer-illustrator Eiichiro Oda. Visitors can come face to face with a life-sized replica of Oda's desk, accompanied by a video that shows him completing an illustration.
• Hello, Playful World! – At this virtual reality area, visitors can experience jumping into the mind of Eiichiro Oda and gain a first-person perspective of ONE PIECE characters being drawn and brought to life by him.
• Merchandise area:
ONE PIECE merchandise items including T-shirts, stickers, totes, badges and more will other items be available for purchase.
Event Title: Eiichiro Oda presents Hello, ONE PIECE Luffy is here!
Exhibition period: •27 November 2018 – 1 January 2019
Opening Hours: • 27 – 30 November: 10.00am – 7.00pm
• 1 December – 1 January: 9.30am – 7.00pm
Venue: •The Maritime Experiential Museum, Resorts World Sentosa
• Early Bird Rate: SGD $12.00 (only available online, limited availability)
• Regular Rate: SGD $15.00
Early Bird and Regular tickets also includes entry into The Maritime Experiential Museum.
• VR Experience: SGD $8.00 (purchase at venue)
• Children under the age of 4 enter for free.
Website ticketing • Ticket purchase and additional information on the event can be found at www.rwsentosa.com/onepiece