• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quote
Speedy Boris wrote:
Again not sure if this has already been addressed

A forum search would quickly reveal this (it hasn't).

Quote:
but Kether Donahue, Kether Fernandez, and Annice Moriarity are the same voice actress and should be merged under Kether Donahue, her real name.

Links are helpful, and sources are essential.

Kether Donahue (has no visible credits anyway and is misspelt according to http://ketherdonohue.com/)
Kether Fernandez
Annice Moriarty

Also, you missed one - her actual real name in fact:
Kether Donohue

Her site gives no information on any of her voice acting roles, just that she's done voices for Fox Kids and Nicolodeon, although the icon for her "animation voice over demo" is Midori from Midori Days (credited here to Kether Fernandez) and on the page itself is a picture of Pudding from Tokyo Mew Mew (credited here to Kether Donohue). Oh, there's a video demo reel which shows Pudding/Kiki, Mirabelle Haywood from Ojamajo Doremi (credited here to Annice Moriarty) and a bunch of characters I can't place (although the first one is another is clearly card-game based, another has Yu-Gi-Oh-style hair and there's something monster-based at the end) characters from Dinosaur King (Annice again) and what looks like something Yu-Gi-Oh (Annice has a Yu-Gi-Oh credit).

That does seem to tie the three together, assuming our existing credits are correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
How about an email? I would do it, but my personal email providers are blocked at work, and I don't really want to send any from my work email. She provides an address for a generic info box and one for her manager, but I'd stick with the info box.

I don't know how far we would get though. She looks to me like the type of actress who leaves correspondence to her manager/agencies, and lookes at her voice over stuff as minor. It's barely a footnote on her resume.

Anyway, here is the address:

info at KetherDonohue dot com

If nobody posts that they sent one off, I'll do it when I get home. (about 8 hours)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Since she has clips from shows credited to all three names it seems conclusive enough to me and confirms what IMDb, Wikipedia and Voice Chasers say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jomy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If you are sure that Asuka is the family name (which it would be assuming the reading is correct) when why have you entered it as the given name? Remember that the format used here is given name first, family name last making the already existing entry the correct one.

Wow, I totally flopped on that one... It was getting rather late, I am sorry. You should merge my entry with the correct one if only to add the Storyboard credit I mentioned for YST, otherwise feel free to delete it altogether and I will just resubmit the info.

Quote:
It is neither incorrect nor a typo per se, just an alternate romanisation - although since the single "Shuko" credit was entered quite recently the user will have got a similar name warning. The source confirms it is the same person so moved the credit.

Not as a typo per say, no, but the entry I mistakenly called a "typo" had only one piece of information on it. To avoid further confusion in the future, "Shuko Murase" should probably be deleted.

Quote:
There is more than one person here since there animation, script and manga credits and both English and Japanese credits. Yuuji is a valid romanisation of ゆうじ (although Yūji is preferred) but so is Yuji (and official English translated credits commonly ignore long vowels) and Yuji (ゆじ) is a valid itself so this requires a fair bit of further investigation

Even the japanese wiki page of the second person has no info about those on the first person's page, so you may be right in that they are in fact separate people. I don't have episodes to be able to check the credits myself, sorry I can't be more help on that one.

Quote:
Again, there are at least two different people here - the source you have for the Kanji name is for the producer (and confirms the reading) but we have neither a kanji name nor a confirmed reading for the other Makoto Imai credits, although we do have a valid source with Kanji name for the single Shinji Imai credit which is 今井真司, which can be read as Shinji but not as Makoto so these are not duplicates and it is possible some of the credits are under the wrong name.

I did submit a valid source for the kanji for Makoto Imai. Well, I wasn't sure on that one anyway.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Really minor one:

I suspect that

Madeline Broseh is the same person as
Madeleine Broseh, but I can't find any real information. Just this facebook group that somebody named Madeleine Broseh commented on. (Two E Broseh is credited with Dance in the Vampire Bund and Three E Broseh is credited with Master of Martial Hearts and commented on the FB page)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
Chris Bevin has helped in the past with multiple spellings of FUNi VAs here and on the defunkt dubreview forums, not sure how best to contact him as I've not seen him online recently.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Chris Bevin has helped in the past with multiple spellings of FUNi VAs here and on the defunkt dubreview forums, not sure how best to contact him as I've not seen him online recently.

<checks> It has been a while since he was here.

A search on Google for ["Christopher Bevins"] turned up MySpace and Facebook pages, though I don't know if they belong to the correct Mr. Bevins.

OTOH, we could just E-mail him using our power as staff. (Is this ethical and permissible? Dan?)
jomy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I submitted the kanji for this voice actress' name:

Kusakabe Kaori

And the duplicate is this person:

Kusakabi Kaori

There is only the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers role of Nasuti Yagyuu under the duplicate (both the OAV and TV series). "Kusakabi" is also not a valid reading for the kanji of her last name.

On that note, would it be possible to create new entries for each OAV? It feels inappropriate to have all three OAVs lumped under the same link. Also, if you merge the duplicate with the real person, please remove the "Ambra" portion of "Ambra (Nasty Yagyu)", since the japanese name was Nasuti Yagyuu. Someone else has also previously filed an error report for that. I'm uncertain of whether the last name is supposed to be spelled "Yagyu" or "Yagyuu", but either way, the "Ambra" part is for the Italian dub, and is even listed under the cast for it.[/url]
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quote
jomy wrote:

On that note, would it be possible to create new entries for each OAV? It feels inappropriate to have all three OAVs lumped under the same link.

Looking it over, it probably should be since there do appear to be three distinct series. It's going to involve needing to know exactly what information belongs in which entry and would probably be better to start a new thread discussing it. A lot of information by someone who owns the series will needs to be provided.

jomy wrote:
Also, if you merge the duplicate with the real person, please remove the "Ambra" portion of "Ambra (Nasty Yagyu)", since the japanese name was Nasuti Yagyuu. Someone else has also previously filed an error report for that. I'm uncertain of whether the last name is supposed to be spelled "Yagyu" or "Yagyuu", but either way, the "Ambra" part is for the Italian dub, and is even listed under the cast for it.

Yeah, there's no need for Italian dub names to be in the Japanese cast. Her name is given in Japanese wiki as ナスティ柳生(ナスティやぎゅう). ナスティ can be transliterated "Nasty", but it seems most romanized sources (unsure if any are based on official spelling) use the direct pronunciation "Nasuti". 柳生 should definitely be Yagyū.
jomy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Looking it over, it probably should be since there do appear to be three distinct series. It's going to involve needing to know exactly what information belongs in which entry and would probably be better to start a new thread discussing it. A lot of information by someone who owns the series will needs to be provided.

Actually, I feel as though keeping its name as "Ronin Warriors" is also inappropriate considering that it's not the original title. I understand that most people are most familiar with the dub name, but it should be enough for it to be findable through a search for "Ronin Warriors", and therefore should not show up as the principal title on the series page. Another concern for me is that the pictures used for the TV series and OAVs pages are rather unrelated. The pic on the TV series page is from a drama CD, and the top pic on the OAVs page is from a drama CD (Shin, from Suiko Den drama CD); the bottom pic on the OAVs page relates to the Kikoutei Densetu OAV. Also, I don't know how to make it clear, but the dates I submitted for the OAVs, those are the release dates of each episode, as they were released individually on VHS tapes at the time.

Quote:
Yeah, there's no need for Italian dub names to be in the Japanese cast. Her name is given in Japanese wiki as ナスティ柳生(ナスティやぎゅう). ナスティ can be transliterated "Nasty", but it seems most romanized sources (unsure if any are based on official spelling) use the direct pronunciation "Nasuti". 柳生 should definitely be Yagyū.

Thanks for correcting that. As for the creation of two new pages for the other two OAVs, I don't think I can create one as a user, so here is what I suggest. The existing OAV page, rename it as "Gaiden", that is the title of the first OAV. To break it down for you, Gaiden has two episodes, Kikoutei Densetsu (the 2nd OAV) has 4 episodes, and Message (the 3rd OAV) has 5 episodes. So create two new pages for "Kikoutei Densetsu" and "Message" and I will take care of editing them and adding the proper credits for staff and cast, as well as a summary. I own both the TV series *and* OAVs of YST on DVDs. If it's not possible for you to do that, please let me know.
jomy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
This person:

Kaneyama Akihiro

is a duplicate of this person:

Kanayama Akihiro

I don't *think* I created the duplicate, I only added the "support" part, but I can't be sure.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
jomy wrote:

I don't *think* I created the duplicate, I only added the "support" part, but I can't be sure.

You added a precision to the existing entry for "Kaneyama" on Ronin Warriors, which was created by someone else back in 2002. Anyway, "Kanayama" is the correct spelling of his name because it is used in the URL for his own homepage. I fixed the duplicate by adding all of the credits to Kanayama and then purging the Kaneyama entry.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 am Reply with quote
I've fixed it, but Mon - Mon (#23174) is a duplicate of Mon-Mon (#47877). (Well, I suppose technically it is the other way around, but both (NSFW) his Web site and Amazon.co.jp use the version with no spaces.)

However, his site also credits him with character design and partial animation direction of Burn Up! (OAV) (#533). "Mon-Mon" is not used in that entry, but Kenjin Miyazaki (#4052) is credited with character design, and Kenjin Mizazaki (#4054) is one of those credited with animation direction; neither has any other credits. Given the closeness of their names and Mon-Mon's claim of credit, I suspect they are he.

Especially since the kanji used in Burn Up!'s credits (ADV Films release) are "宮崎県人"—"Miyazaki Prefecture Person", an obvious alias; ENAMDICT does not list any valid names for "県人". A Google search for ["MON-MON" "宮崎県人"] turns up about 456 results. Checking the ADV credits also shows that "Kenjin Mizazaki" is a misspelling by the person who entered it, since does not appear on the DVD.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

<checks> It has been a while since he was here.

A search on Google for ["Christopher Bevins"] turned up MySpace and Facebook pages, though I don't know if they belong to the correct Mr. Bevins.

OTOH, we could just E-mail him using our power as staff. (Is this ethical and permissible? Dan?)

Or dormcat? Does anyone have an opinion on this?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Or dormcat? Does anyone have an opinion on this?

There had been (and possibly still are) some non-staff with staff clearance, notably company representatives. As a volunteer, I don't think I can meddle in such matters, however.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 70 of 143