• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Hayate, VitaminX Anime Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Local fans are outraged as expected (sigh). Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sjp117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Local fans are outraged as expected (sigh). Rolling Eyes

Well, that's what I expected, anyway. It goes to show American/western anime fans that just because Japan/Asia does live-action anime/manga movie does not mean it'll be good. I already seen this for the live-action Negima TV show and Battle Royale 2. I always hear complaint about how America/western countries make bad movie based on anime/manga, but never complaint when Japan/Asia does it and I think some people including me would agree that the live-action Negima was just ugh!, and Battle Royale 2, doesn't work for me. I could imagine more bad live-action version of anime/manga from Asia if I could find more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
That Hayate trailer made me cringe. I'm a huge fan of the Combat Butler, but this show doesn't go anywhere near the live-action justice it deserves.

I think the only way a HTCB live-action series would be great is if it was done by the Brits. Sorry, but the BBC Comedy formula is the way to go in regards to the misadventures of Mr. Ayasaki.
mad mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That Hayate trailer made me cringe. I'm a huge fan of the Combat Butler, but this show doesn't go anywhere near the live-action justice it deserves.

It actually looks better then I thought it would, but I guess that just shows how low my expectations were. I'm a little impressed that they went to the effort to try and recreate little details like the inside of the mansion or certain costumes.

Quote:
I think the only way a HTCB live-action series would be great is if it was done by the Brits. Sorry, but the BBC Comedy formula is the way to go in regards to the misadventures of Mr. Ayasaki.

This, however, sounds so much more entertaining. Very Happy
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I hate these crappy live drama remakes
I mean, the people who watch the dramas, do they really care that it has licensed anime roots other than for the popularity?
I know some people who watch these dramas but they almost never watch the ones based on anime franchises.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I hate these crappy live drama remakes
I mean, the people who watch the dramas, do they really care that it has licensed anime roots other than for the popularity?
I know some people who watch these dramas but they almost never watch the ones based on anime franchises.

when i watch jdrama, i don't really if care what it based on.(manga, novel) As long as it's entertaining to watch. I will not watch the Hayate drama. But Densha Otoko, Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango, ect are pretty fun drama to watch.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote
"They'll ruin it!!!" Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1