• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Industry Panel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Weak. Very weak.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Did the room explode when Madoka was announced?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Man I was enjoying the simulcast and looking forward to re-watching Blue Exorcist dubbed when it eventually got picked up for us, like Fullmetal and Soul Eater... now I'm just really depressed that Aniplex let me down both on a blu-ray (which Japan's already getting) and a dub. Sad

Last edited by DangerMouse on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
BE is nothing like FMA or Soul Eater at this point. Unless there is some drastic change in characters and pacing it will never be like those.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
BE is nothing like FMA or Soul Eater at this point. Unless there is some drastic change in characters and pacing it will never be like those.

Regardless it does not mean it doesn't hit the same fans in several ways, and I think pre-release anticipation wise it's not far from where Soul Eater was prior to a wider audience getting to see that. And it does share the awesome execution beyond generic shounen thanks to it's director being Wolf's Rain and Darker Than Black's Tensai Okamura and his sharp directing skills.
Elves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I figured Aniplex would release Blue Exorcist themselves, but I was really hoping they'd go with the 1/2 season boxset instead of their 3 volume breakdowns. *sigh* At least it's coming stateside for sure now. I'm happy enough for that. Smile
lilly_938

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Did the room explode when Madoka was announced?
Yes, yes it did. I should know, since I was one of the ones screaming my head off!
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

Regardless it does not mean it doesn't hit the same fans in several ways, and I think pre-release anticipation wise it's not far from where Soul Eater was prior to a wider audience getting to see that. And it does share the awesome execution beyond generic shounen thanks to it's director being Wolf's Rain and Darker Than Black's Tensai Okamura and his sharp directing skills.

Pardon me as I don't bow to some guy renaming himself "Tensai".
The director did some seinen anime but other shows are not making Blue Exorcist less of shounen. The material, execution, and whole shebang is shounen.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
I have little interest in either, but I would probably buy Puella if it was on BD. I don't have much interest in buying sub only dvds anymore.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

The director did some seinen anime but other shows are not making Blue Exorcist less of shounen. The material, execution, and whole shebang is shounen.

Off topic: Did he really name himself Tensai? Wow, talk about being full of yourself.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:10 am Reply with quote
Yes, his given name is Yutaka and he changed that to Tensai in 1991.
Deadwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Five bucks says Aniplex only does a one-time limited edition Blu-ray of Madoka, and that's all we'll ever see of it on American shores. :p
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I doubt that. Because the PMMM Japanese BDs do not have English subs as far as I know. So it's not quite the same as the Kara no Kyoukai/Baccano release where they can just simply ship a limited quantity of their already printed releases to the US.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fans who purchase any Durarara!! DVD will get a poster from the show and a ticket to an autograph session with the series' English voice actors.
Out of curiosity, what about fans who have already purchased DRRR? Are they SOL on this autograph offer; can one attend this session without this ticket, or is this just a de facto paid autograph session? Is the offer only for getting DRRR signed? In other words, if the VAs at the event were in other things, can attendees get the VAs to sign those works as well as/in lieu of DRRR?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

Off topic: Did he really name himself Tensai? Wow, talk about being full of yourself.

Meh... anyway whether he can deliver good shows and how good their contributions are with awesome series is far more relevant and he has a fantastic track record, not to mention has also gone on to continue to deliver with excellent anime original series like Wolf's Rain and DTB in addition to working prominently before then in various key roles on the likes of Bebop, Eva, and GITS, etc. So you're welcome to your opinion but I'll continue looking forward to his new projects.

Anyway... that's really off-topic.

Megiddo wrote:
I doubt that. Because the PMMM Japanese BDs do not have English subs as far as I know. So it's not quite the same as the Kara no Kyoukai/Baccano release where they can just simply ship a limited quantity of their already printed releases to the US.

That's true, now that makes me wonder if they'll even sell a BD version version here. I'd think that there's enough pre-release hype for it given the reception the show got. It'd be a shame if it doesn't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2