• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex of America Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Atsuhiro Iwakami's panel will also host a trailer for the new series Fate/Zero, the sequel to Fate/stay night.

Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/stay Night not a sequel.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
New People is in SF, not LA.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised this article didn't mention the part about Kara no Kyoukai being asked in Q&A. They said there are currently in negotiations for releasing a DVD version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Max465

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Baccano! is a Funimation title...why would Aniplex talk about it during their panel? Is this an Aniplex fail or just an Error from ANN??
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Baccano is Aniplex title that FUNimation licensed from them. While FUNimation released the DVDs in the US, AoA released the BDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm just curious... was no question at all asked whether or not a Blu-ray release was forthcoming for Madoka Magica? It seems kind of weird that an answer was given regarding the dub yet nothing was said or directly asked about the release format, looking at what's been posted here.

Is there more information to be given tomorrow, particularly during the Q&A question with the producer? (wonder how much input he'd have in the release format decision making, though, if any...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
I'm just curious... was no question at all asked whether or not a Blu-ray release was forthcoming for Madoka Magica? It seems kind of weird that an answer was given regarding the dub yet nothing was said or directly asked about the release format, looking at what's been posted here.

Is there more information to be given tomorrow, particularly during the Q&A question with the producer? (wonder how much input he'd have in the release format decision making, though, if any...)

It think it was mentioned. Aniplex just said further details would be revealed later.

It's only been afew weeks since it was announced, they probably don't have most of the details about the release worked out at this point anyways.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I'm surprised this article didn't mention the part about Kara no Kyoukai being asked in Q&A. They said there are currently in negotiations for releasing a DVD version.

Thanks for clarifying it for me in the other thread. This was probably the best news to come out of their panel....for me anyway. Although they have not finalized a deal, they are at least actively working on one. I do hope it's not just a DVD release. Who knows though since it seems they treat blu-ray rights as a separate negotiation as we've seen with Baccano! being released on DVD by Funimation and the blu-ray by Aniplex. Nonetheless, I suppose a DVD release will be than nothing.
Max465

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Baccano is Aniplex title that FUNimation licensed from them. While FUNimation released the DVDs in the US, AoA released the BDs.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that.
kazume

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
No dub for Oreimo? aww... dunno if will buy... that show speaks to the otaku in all of us; the way I saw it, was just to replace "18+ little sister" games with anime in general, and I managed to spin it that way to my friends that it was a show about 'being into a hobby that society isn't very accepting of, and I got a lot hooked that way into this show.

Truly worthy of a dub, let's hope they change their mind later on.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
No dub for Oreimo? aww... dunno if will buy... that show speaks to the otaku in all of us; the way I saw it, was just to replace "18+ little sister" games with anime in general

Wait what? Completely change the plot...sure that's a great way to ensure the success of anime dubs. Plus replacing here ecchi obsession with an anime one wouldn't make any sense when various characters say they are cool with her anime obsession but it's the eroge/dojinshi stuff that's the problem. Then there are all of the eroge images, I guess we can get someone to Photoshop that after all Mr Popo is now blue and the kids in Pokemon eat PB&js instead of riceballs.

No anime is worthy of the embarrassment of a dub like that.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
Possibilities for releasing 'Welcome to the Space Show'. Hope this happens. The film did get a screening at the NYICFF this year. Sadly I missed it. So I'm hoping this goes through.

More Type-Moon goodness, this is good news. Also I really do hope they release a standard or LE version for Kara no Kyoukai. I really want to own this series not to mention finish it. I'd buy BD but I just can't see switching unless there is no other choice.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Kinda annoyed at how they handled a few questions about Bakemonogatari and Cencoroll- they told people to go to the Iwakami panel the next day, where... they weren't mentioned at all. As far as I can tell from liveblogs, no one even asked about them.
barrelroller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I asked at the Q&A why Aniplex constantly does DVD only or Blu only releases and why not both? I referred to Baccano as an example (since they released it on Blu recently) and they just mentioned that it came stateside because it hit Japan too. I asked if sales affected it as well, but they were fairly vague with their answers.

I just hate buying DVDs of animes I love, and then they suddenly get Blu releases like 1-2 years later. I'm really afraid they are going to do that with Durarara!! since I'm already buying that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1