• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Sunrise's Coicent, Five Numbers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Now that the site's back up, i can check info on these 2 films.

*checks*

Two 25-minute OVAs? No thanks, too short for my interest. I do have to wonder why they dubbed these though since they didn't with the two CoMix Wave films that were released 3 months ago.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I knew about Coicent but I've never even heard of Five Numbers. Sounds interesting. I may have to check these out. Its nice that there both getting released on the same disk and with dubs.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Off Topic: YAY! THE FORUMS ARE ONLINE AGAIN!

On Topic: Eh...after having watched Coffee Samurai and Hoshizora Kiseki I'm going to have to pass on this. If there get put on Anime Network I might watch them there. But no more blind buying short films/OVA's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
Coicent probably has the best 3D CG cell shading quality so far
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
The one with the deer doesn't interest me, but the more sci-fi one could be interesting. Though I'm having difficulty finding the "old man" in that picture. No one in that picture looks "old man like" IMO, and the eldest-looking is the only one I can believe is an ex-soldier of any note. I suppose that's the curse of anime, where 20s is considered middle age and Tiger from Tiger & Bunny is considered an old geezer Sad

Though the one blonde really looks like a knockoff of Marlene Angel from Blue Gender. Or is it just me?
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
Coicent looks so cute, but that cell-shaded CG looks a little grody judging from the trailer. The facial expressions are actually really good, but things like walk cycles and neck movements look kind of uncanny and weird.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1