• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Fate/Zero Project to Be Revealed in Newtype

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 am Reply with quote
I am really curious as to what this new medium can be....they already got light novel, manga, and anime, so there is only game left.....
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote
What would be awesome would be if ufotable announced they were following up Fate/zero with an adaptation of Fate/stay night's Heaven's Feel route.

That totally won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
What would be awesome would be if ufotable announced they were following up Fate/zero with an adaptation of Fate/stay night's Heaven's Feel route.

I'm dreaming right along with you, buddy.

They've adapted everything else Fate, so surely they have to do Heaven's Feel eventually!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 am Reply with quote
Well, ufotable only did Fate/zero. Deen did Fate/stay night's first two routes. Deen's efforts were pretty meh, in my opinion (though Unlimited Blade Works was leaps and bounds better than Fate), but ufotable's absolutely knocked it out of the park thus far with Fate/zero and Kara no Kyoukai.

Heaven's Feel is my favorite route of Fate/stay night, so I'd want to see it done right by the studio that seems to have a better grasp of how to properly adapt Type-Moon's works. Plus it connects more directly to Fate/zero in many aspects (especially spoiler[Sakura's] role and the appearance of spoiler[True Assassin]), so it would make sense.

Not to mention Heaven's Feel has more of spoiler[Rider] than any other route of Fate/stay night. :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
I liked Deen's adaptations. They are what got me into the franchise, after all.

But yeah, ufotable would be ideal to do Heaven's Feel since they'd keep in the darker elements that are essential to that story. I think it would work best as an OVA series.

Heaven's Feel is by far the best route in the game and it wraps up every single lingering question from the other routes such as the true nature of the Holy Grail Wars.

However this announcement is for a new Fate/Zero project, rather than a new general Fate project. In that regard I'd like to see a spin off following Kiritsugu's past as the Mage Killer or Kirei's troubled life (if only so we can see his cute wife get some face time).
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
From what I understand, ufotable has said that if F/Z does well, they're interested in either redoing F/sn or doing Heaven's Feel (I don't have the source, unfortunately, I got the info second hand).

That being said, if it said that it's a new F/Z project, it won't be F/sn or HF.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
OH! What could it be? What could it be?! Surprised
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
However this announcement is for a new Fate/Zero project, rather than a new general Fate project. In that regard I'd like to see a spin off following Kiritsugu's past as the Mage Killer or Kirei's troubled life (if only so we can see his cute wife get some face time).

Has Kirei's wife ever appeared before?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Has Kirei's wife ever appeared before?

Not outside of concept art
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this will be "Heart of Freaks" as a movie or something? Just wild speculation.

Hopefully it's not just referring to the second season.
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm really Liking the F/Z story if they want to make a even more fleshed out story be my guest.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Deen already has plans for heaven's feel I think so this will probably be just confirming that fz is going to be broken into 2 seasons with a break like Kami Nomi
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
Deen already has plans for heaven's feel I think

Would need a source to back that up.

J3N0V4 wrote:
this will probably be just confirming that fz is going to be broken into 2 seasons with a break like Kami Nomi

I don't think so because, well, we already know that. Don't need a fancy announcement.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

well that would be cool , but what i am REALLY hoping for is an anime series for Fate Hollow Ataraxia since it's the sequel to stay night.

However if type zero have some kind of side story for Young Shiro's origins,it will satisify me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but what i am REALLY hoping for is an anime series for Fate Hollow Ataraxia since it's the sequel to stay night.

I'm not sure F/HA can be made into anime due to its nature. I'd also probably not watch it since it's simply a fan-disk with lots of slice-of-life and a throwaway plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2