• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses [2005-04-30]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quote
WTF?!!! Bottle Fairy? Shocked

Well, it was only a matter of time, I guess. Rolling Eyes
Erufu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I think Bottle Fairy is cute! Hopefully, they won't stretch out the series. I'm guessing 2 DVDs... 3 if they want to push it.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Starship Operators? I was thinking I'd never see (well, at least understand) the end of this show!
THANK YOU, GENEON! Very Happy
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote
BOTTLE FAIRY!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Geneon has made my life complete.
E_X

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I guess that's good news, Sensei no Ojikan was forgotten by fansubbing community anyways and Sunabouzu and Starship Operators were pretty much dead...so yes...good news...if you'll excuse me...

/me stabs Lunar numerous times with a rusted knife
Proz512

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Sensei No Ojikan. A slight surprise it got licensed but probably trying to ride on Azumanga's success. I don't guarantee success on this since the series is just laden with Japanese-only jokes & references. But so was Milk-chan and that still did okay however it took a radical approach by ADV. At least I'll now be able to see the rest of the series.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Very Happy I'm so glad that Bottle Fairy got licensed. I'll probably be the first person in line to pick up Bottle Fairy when it comes out on dvd. I now think it is much more hopeful that Pita-Ten will get licensed soon afterwards. That would make me really happy.
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
i've watched few episodes of Bottle Fairy on Japanese TV....too much cuteness to handle....

as far as Starship Operators, it was pretty good series....can't wait to get it on DVD...no wonder fansub stopped....most fansubs do respect the US distributor and stop fansubbing once US license has been confirmed....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
spleener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote
<3 Bottle Fairy, but I'm curious as to how they're going to pull off the dub, seeing as a lot of it relies on Japanese wordplay. And given that it consists of 13 12 1/2 minute episodes- the equivalent of 6 1/2 "normal-length" episodes- 3 DVDs would be pushing it.
Erufu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
spleener wrote:
<3 Bottle Fairy, but I'm curious as to how they're going to pull off the dub, seeing as a lot of it relies on Japanese wordplay. And given that it consists of 13 12 1/2 minute episodes- the equivalent of 6 1/2 "normal-length" episodes- 3 DVDs would be pushing it.

The only reason they would make it 3 DVDs if they can't comprehend putting a complete series onto 2 DVDs. IT would be worth getting just so people can look at your shelves and go "what the hell is that?". Maybe they will have some cute extras.

I would be worried that this would be directed at little kids and therefore stripped of all cultural references and replaced with American customs, but I have total faith in ADV to treat this title right. I just hope it doesn't sit on the back burner like so many other titles these days. *cough* Samurai 7 *cough*

And what is Sensei no Ojikan? Which one is taht one?
JackBassV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Erufu wrote:
Ibut I have total faith in ADV to treat this title right.

Geneon has the licence, not ADV:P

And I love Sensei no Ojikan. Mika-sensei is so damn cute. I just want to hug her to bits. lol.

Oh, for those who don't know, the manga for Sensei no Ojikan was released before Azumanga.

And both are produced by JC Staff.

The other stuff - Don't know and don't really care.

JBV^_^
ladholyman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Let's see how long it takes for the first DVD for each of those series... Today is May 1, 2005. I'll begin the count.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Erufu wrote:

Doki Doki School Hours
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I like stuff like Berserk and Hellsing... so why the hell am I going to have to buy Bottle Fairy? What the hell?!

-Xenos
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
I like stuff like Berserk and Hellsing... so why the hell am I going to have to buy Bottle Fairy? What the hell?!

-Xenos

If you keep telling yourself that you don't want to buy it, you eventually will. Kind of like someone that is homo-phobic that bashes homosexuals probably is secretly one himself. I'm assuming you're a guy who needs violent and "manly" anime to reassure yourself that you're still a guy. You're probably thinking about fairies right now. I know you secretly want to buy Bottle Fairy, so just buy it when it comes out. Nothing to be ashamed about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3