• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColorfulDeath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quote
Ah, uhm. Hi everyone I'm rather new here, as you can already tell my username is ColorfulDeath but people online often call me Color. I would fill out the entire form located on the front page but alas I don't quite have enough time at the moment. ^^"
I'm rather young compared to almost everyone here, definitely not 18+, but not worry because I am of a fair age. I found this website while trying to figure out when the next season of Ao No Exorcist was going to air. (Apparently they haven't planned on a second season yet though) I've been lurking around for a few months and finally decided to join and so, here I am! c:
Its very nice to meet fellow otaku's like myself and I hope to have a good time here with everyone.
(I suddenly feel very young and innocent after I looked at everyone's ages.... ;-; )
Country Girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Name: Country Girl
Marital status: Single
Religion: Spiritual
Drink/Smoke: A drink every now and then.
Favorite music: Anything, but rap.
Favorite sports: Don't have one, but I dance.
Favorite games: Donkey Kong on Super Nintindo and board games
Favorite manga: Fruits Basket, Red River, Click, and Vampire Knight
Favorite anime:Fruits Basket, Simoun, Full Metal Panic, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, and a number of others.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Right now I'm addicted to Sons of Anarchy, Dr. Who, Grey's Anatomy, 2 Broke Girls, and Big Bang Theory. Movies are Practical Magic, and Sense Sensibility
Dislikes: Anything with a marshmallow feeling!
Likes: Books! Cheese Cake, nature, dancing, hiking, and photography.
Favorite Books: That's just crazy, I could never pick a favorite book.

Fun facts about Country Girl:
-Huge book nut, I have over 1,000 titles shelved.
-Shoe junkie, especially for high heeled boots.
-Really am a country girl. I don't live on a farm, but I do have my own herd of chickens.
ruroken77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
Name: ruro, ruroken, or Aubrey, if you'd prefer to call me by my real name
Religion: Free Methodist (yes that's an actual Christian denomination)
Drink/Smoke: underage to drink, never liked being around when people smoke, even though my dad used to
Favorite music: Country, J-Pop, J-Rock, not that into rap unless you would count LittleKuriboh's and Shadyvox's raps, but only because they make it funny
Favorite sports: Hockey (Go Ducks!), football, baseball
Favorite video games: Ace Attorney series, Pokemon series, Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship series, The Sims 3
Favorite manga: Hikaru no Go, Shaman King, Nightmare Inspector
Favorite anime: too many to list Anime hyper
Favorite TV shows/movies: Movie-wise: anything starring Johnny Depp, Harry Potter series; TV-wise: Reba, Unsolved Mysteries, The Haunted, Passport to Europe
Dislikes: my brother, being nagged, being forced to wake up early
Favorite books: Harry Potter series, A Series of Unfortunate Events

Fun Facts about ruro:
-used to have a bird (technically it was my cousin's bird but she couldn't take it with her when she moved out because her dogs and cat might have tried to eat it if she did) and pet goldfish until they all died; bird had a stroke, fish either had Cottoneye, got squished under the marbles in the bottom of the tank, or starved to death because one of them ate all the food before they could get to it
-took three years of German in high school until my teacher retired (one of the easiest languages ever!)
-failed College Algebra my senior year (even though I didn't really need it, but I had extra credits, plus I stink at math so much so that I ended up retaking the math PSSA (Pennsylvania System of School Assessment) Anime hyper)
GinKuro669

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Name: Hmm, well, I always say you can call me whatever you'd like, so that stands. But I like the name Echo. So, that is I. Echo.
Religion: I don't really have one, though I was raised as a Wiccan.
Drink/Smoke: Nah.
Favorite music: I like a lot of different stuff. From the Ramones to Queen to Utada Hikaru... J-Rock, J-Pop, Gothic, Techno, Rock, etc., etc.
Favorite sports: Hockey. (Leafs ftw, eh?)
Favorite video games: Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Scooby Doo: Night of 1,000 Frights, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4. Need I go on? I'm most ashamed of Scooby Doo...
Favorite manga: Kuroshitsuji, Tokyo Mew Mew (it was my first manga ever... you tend not to forget your first, know what I'm sayin'?) Bleach
Favorite anime: Kuroshitsuji, Summer Wars, Wolf's Rain, 07 Ghost, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Baka and Test, Supernatural
Favorite TV shows/movies: ...Glee..., Supernatural. I don't watch much of anything TV-wise.
Dislikes: Pink. Overly happy things.
Favorite books: Ring, The Thief Lord, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Alice Through the Looking Glass & What Alice Found There (Yes, that's the real title for "Through the Looking Glass" Anime hyper), The Thief of Always. I'll read pretty much anything, excluding a few things...

Fun Facts about GinKuro669:
Exclamation She is really a blonde, though you may not think so! Razz
Exclamation She tends to favour childish things. They make her happy.
Exclamation The Green Lantern is her superhero of choice.
Exclamation Can sew quite well. But she hates it.
Exclamation She's a bit crazy.... That's just a warning.
SSJBeastmode

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Name: Mike
Religion: Catholic
Drink/Smoke: I smoke, and drink probably every other week.
Favorite music: Dubstep, DnB, and alternative rock.
Favorite sports: Hockey, baseball, soccer, and basketball.
Favorite games: I used to play fifa 11 and nhl 11 all the time, but I don't really play xbox anymore.
Favorite manga: Read the odd manga, but don't really have a favourite.
Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, School Rumble, Steins;Gate, and Hellsing Ultimate(my top 5 on MAL)
Favorite TV shows/Movies: TV: Dexter, IASIP, Californication, Misfits, HIMYM. Movies: Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Inglorious Basterds, Aladdin, Trainspotting, V for Vendetta.
Dislikes: I don't hate much, but my main pet peeve is spider webs outside...
Likes: Watching sports, listening to music, driving, walking, laptop.
Favorite Books: The Rum Diary, Angels and Demons, Goldfinger, Quantum of Solace, Sherlock Holmes.

Fun facts about SSJBeastmode:
- I currently go to college, my program is business admin.
- I had a 6 year break on anime, and just got back into it this august
- Huge sports nerd, sports and anime are basically all that I focus on in my free time
KhaosGuard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Name: Tim

Favorite Quote: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
First Anime: Digimon
Favorite Anime: Gundam Wing, Angel Beats!, Ah! My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo, Fruits Basket (there's more but these are the most impactful)
Favorite Anime Character: Duo Maxwell
Favorite Games: Suikoden Series, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy
Favorite Music: Listen to almost everything (not rap though sorry rap fans) but I prefer things I have heard in anime and video games mainly due to the memories of the scenes and story as they played out (especially Iwasawa's song in Angel Beats! so amazing)
Favorite Book: Earthsea Trilogy and Song of Fire and Ice series

About Me:
I started watching anime way back in the day before I even knew what anime was, but the thing that truly hooked me was Toonami. Such an awesome setup that was. I've just started reading manga thanks to a friend's suggestion and am now hooked on that but it can be soooo costly lol. Aside from the anime and manga I tend to spend my time on my PS3, especially with Skyrim just releasing, or fooling around with my writing. Who knows one day I may actually have enough ideas to create a novel. I love to be outside and with people but with working in retail and all the random schedules it makes hanging out rather difficult.

I'm looking forward to being apart of your community. I already enjoy what I have seen and read from you all. Thanks for reading this.
SoloDolo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:38 am Reply with quote
Name: Cole
Sex: Male
Blood Type: O-
Marital Status: Single
Religion: Eh, Maybe
Pets: None!
Drink/Smoke: Neither!
Likes: Sports, Anime, The smell of rain is fantastic. Rain, I find a light snow to be beautiful, however a brunette (female) standing in the light snow is even more beautiful Razz
Dislikes: Eh, im sorta apathetic towards the world. I don't care enough to dislike things. Except spiders. I hate spiders, and Styrofoam.. yeah... Styrofoam.. Not a fan!
Favorite anime: Eureka Seven, Case Closed, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble, Angel Beats!, Full Metal Panic, Death Note
Favorite Manga: Case Closed, Death Note, Fruits Basket
Favorite Books: Sherlock Holmes
Favorite game: Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, MW3, Super Smash Bros
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Adventure Time, Regular Show, Psych, Sportscenter, SportsNation, NFL32
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mtn Dew Game Fuel
Favorite Foods: Chicken Dan Dan Mein, Ramen, Pizza, Nachos!
Favorite Sites: ESPN, Facebook, ANN
Favorite Sports (to watch): Baseball, Football, Golf (its so strategic)
Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf
Favorite Music: Well i love Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts haha and i like J-Pop and Techno. I love Rap though (Kid Cudi, Drake, and Kanye are my favorites)
Job: School? Is that a job? No? Oh ok well i work in the electronics department at target then.
Hobbies: Watching Anime of course, Hangin with friends, I play the piano and I also play sports
Fun facts about Me:
Arrow I'm ambidextrous
Arrow I have mastered the art of chopsticks
Arrow I got into a political debate with the mayor of my city over his stance on immigration and he asked me to leave the classroom during a visit to my school ): (he got owned)
Arrow I watched all 50 episodes of eureka seven in one day (it was like 29 hrs but close enough) with some of my friends. (some call it madness, i call it devotion!)
Arrow I'm in College and Double Majoring in Journalism and Sports Communications
Arrow I don't get angry! Lifes too short to be mad.

Pictures Of Me:
The Stars Look Nice
This is my work uniform
Mike Hazama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 am Reply with quote
Name: Mike
Favorite music: Anything catchy
Favorite anime: Naruto, Sket Dance, Dragonball Z, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Persona 4, Phi Brain, Ben-To, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Gintama, Ikamusume, Guilty Crown, Idolm@ster, Detective Conan, Lagrange, Bodacious Space Pirates
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Kamen Rider Fourze and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Don't really like any American television or movies.
Favorite Books: Don't really read books. I barely read manga.

Last edited by Mike Hazama on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Name: Reuben

Marital status: Not married, but in a serious relationship.

Drink/Smoke: I drink in heavy moderation.

Dislikes: The big three anime Smile

Favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Baccano!, Durarara!!, FLCL, Trigun and more.

Favorite game: Oddoworld (series), Final Fantasy (series), Castlevania (series), Silent Hill (series), Heavy Rain

Favorite book/authors: This is tough. Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Bret Easton Ellis, George R.R. Martin and many, many more.

Favorite Music: Music is my major love and hobby. Some of my favorite bands are Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Brian Eno, Morrissey...etc.

Fun facts: I have a massive CD and vinyl record collection. As I previously stated, music is my love. I also play guitar.
Akito Kinomoto

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
My name is Akito Kinomoto. I've been around the Internet anime community almost as long as I've been watching the stuff, which is about six years now. I'd like to believe that between Time of Eve, Haibane Renmei, Clannad: After Story and Legend of the Galactic Heroes that I'm open to a lot of things, though I'm willing to admit my biases if left without an objective alternative.

Aside from anime, I also have an interest in writing, infrequently for a blog and occasionally for a review whether it be anime, movies or even TV shows.

As of now though, I'm just waiting to see where my life will take me next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kamina2012

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Hey there everyone Smile and welcome to everyone else that is new in this thread too. I dont like talking about myself that much but ill bite the bullet and fill out an introduction thing!

Name: James
Location rainy misty UK
Marital Status: relationship
Religion: Pretty open minded and my views are constantly changing
Pets: none as my landlord says no pets Sad but have a cat back at my parents
Drink/Smoke: Drink sometimes
Likes: Art and everything in it, mostly digital painting and pencil drawings but I enjoy photography, collage, sculpting and 3d and stuff too. Its what I do for a living
Dislikes: Haters & ignorance and such
Favorite anime: Gurren lagann, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop
Favorite Manga: I dont own much manga but I enjoyed Shaman king the most and then death note
Favorite game: Mirrors Edge, Morrowind, Jet Set Radio Future, WoW
Favorite TV shows/Movies: The walking dead!, & i know its so common but LOTR for fav movies
Favorite Drink: Beer, Margaritas, Vodka & Cranberry
Non-Alcoholic Drink: I drink waay too much soda and instant coffee
Favorite Foods: Fish & chips
Favorite Sites: deviantart tumblr twitter
Favorite Music: Heavy j rock. Hide, X japan, Zilch, sex machineguns
Job: Student now, freelance graphic designer v soon!
Hobbies: Art, video games, trying to create music & of course anime
fruityminyi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you know my name at the left hand side but I actually want to register with my new created nicky: Echizen Ryomine. If you do not feel similar about this name then I think you neither like sports nor tennis.

Well, before I join this community, I am searching sites that provides anime information and discussion. Due to my laziness, I found this at the top results of the google search and here I am. I have been roaming around chinese sites but now I want to know if english sites has those kind of functions from those sites.

Anyway, here's the summary about myself.
Name: Echizen Ryomine/Zero-Min/Summerxsummer/Fruityminyi
Sex: Female
Hobbies: Anime, manga, story writing, sleep, eat, surf net.
Favourite food: Fast food, instant noodles except chicken & seafood flavour.
Favourite anime: Lots but basically hot-blooded, dark/depression, romance, machinery(Code Geass) & some light novels
Favourite manga: Not as much as anime as I started watching instead of reading
Favourite songs: Lots but applicable to anime I watch. Basically at least one song from each anime I love will be one of my favourite songs. PS.The band I like is SID, the band who sing Ranbu No Melody for Bleach & Monochrome Kiss for Kuroshitsuji...kya!!!

About me:

I started to watch anime from February 2011 and officially started my story writing since June 2011 due to the inspiration from anime. Before I step out into the anime world, I like to write story but I am not mature enough to continue writing. (Well, not like I can keep writing since November? Like I say I started writing because of anime so writing is not my top priority although I like when I complete a chapter or even a story)

The first official anime I watch that brings me to the gate of anime world is Bleach. LOL, the no-return path of anime world. The following is the actual sequence of anime.

Bleach - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Fairy Tail - Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden - Kuroshitsuji - Pandora Hearts - Saiyuki/Gunlock/Reload - (from this part onwards are romance/harem)Fruitbasket - Ouran High School Host Club - Special A - Kaichou wa Maid Sama - Sora no Otoshimono - Seikirei/Pure Engagement - (This part is BL) - Junjou Romantica - Sekiichi Hatsukoi - (Light Novels from here) Kyo kara Maou - something Index no Majutsu - Gintama - (trying new/ongoing anime) Beelzebub - Ao No Exorcist - Gosick - No.6 - (old anime from here again) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Prince of Tennis - Slam Dunk - One Piece

until now, still trying to catch up all the popular anime include Clannad. The list above is not the full list, I am just trying the best of my memory to type out the sequence. Here's the genre.

Hotblooded - Dark/Depression - Romance/Harem/Reverse Harem - BL - Light Novels - Machinery - Sports - Hotblooded

My small little dream:
To complete my story series and if one day I learn how to draw manga, I will want to draw them. Of course, if there is a chance, hope to make them into animation.
Very Happy Very Happy
Amitch91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote
Name: Adam

Religion: Atheist *-)

Drink/Smoke: I drink and very rarely smoke

Favorite Music: Rock and Metal

Favorite Bands: Dream Theater, Nightwish, Disturbed, Muse (Early stuff) Trivium, Opeth and Cradle of Filth

Favorite Sports: Formula 1, well just motor racing really

Favorite Videogames: Final Fantasy, Tekken, Gears of War and the WWE series

Favorite Anime: Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon

Favorite Manga: Tbh i don't really read Manga, i should really

Other Interests: Playing drums and making music

Dislikes: People who hurt other peoples feelings deliberatly, mushrooms

Interesting facts about Adam: I only got into Anime properly in 2008, i won a Berkshire Award which is quite prestigious where i am from and i regularly do volunteer work

Pictures: I don't have any i'm afraid but if you want to know what i look like then visit my Facebook page at facebook.com/Amitch91
Sebow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Name: Sebastian

Religion: Christian

Drink/Smoke:
Both

Favorite Music: I can be caught listening to anything from classical baroque to dubstep, however my favorite band is, and will always be, Led Zeppelin, however, I think the single person who has ever send the greatest challenge to the industry of music has to be Syd Barrett (Pink Floyd) with his work "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn".

Favorite Videogames: Anything by Blizzard really.

Favorite Anime: Steins;Gate, Serial Experiments Lain, Gankutsuou, Black Lagoon, Bakemonogatari, Kara no Kyoukai... too many to mention really.

Favorite Manga: I don't read manga, and I don't intend on doing it ever.

Other Interests: Playing guitar and experimenting with drugs

Dislikes: People who bash or criticize things they have never experienced first-hand.

Interesting Facts about Sebastian:

* Studied at medical school before deciding to diss that bullshit for the sake of studying psychology instead.
* Have tried LSD.
* Is diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, so I'm certified crazy.
* Have been watching anime at an almost daily rate for 10 years standing.
* As a new poster on this forum, my first impression of the ANN forum is: An assorted mass of people who love anime, some even with a buzz of knowledge and expertise about anime, regardless, greatly interesting discussions are going down here.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Name: 504NOSON2, but IRL I've been called Christopher and its derivative "Chris".

Sex: Male.

Blood Type: O Negative.

Location: New Orleans, currently, but will be returning to good old liberal, sunny SoCal, soon.

Marital status: Single Wink

Ethnicity: Not quite sure. I'm a United States native, though. As far as "race": according to FamilyTreeDNA, 25% European/70% Sub-Saharan African/5% "Asian" (Native American).

Religion: Former Roman Catholic, now atheist with pantheistic views.

Pets: One 4 year-old golden Labrador/mix. Got her at 7 months-old. Not sure what she's mixed with, though. The SPCA never told me.

Drink/Smoke: Red wine in moderation and the occasional sake. That's about it. I would never smoke ANYTHING.

[b]Likes:
Reading, the Japanese language, intelligent discussions, philosophical questions, evolutionary biology, people with solid morals and values, solitude and tranquility.

Dislikes: Nosey people, rude people, people who abuse power, crowded places, rainy days, American exceptionalism.

Favorite anime: Dragonball, Berserk, Ah! My Goddess, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Elfen Lied, Welcome to the NHK, Kanon, Barefoot Gen, Gantz, NANA.

Favorite manga Dragonball, Marmalade Boy, Fullmetal Alchemist, Maison Ikkoku.

Favorite Books: The Silent Cry, Animal Liberation, Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals, The God Delusion, The Moral Landscape, The Count of Monte Cristo, Philosophical Investigations.

Favorite Games: Not much of a gamer, but.... Deus Ex Machina, Donkey Kong 64, Budokai.

Favorite Drink: Naked Juice brand of "protein zone" juices and smoothies, egg nog, pomegranate juice, red wine.

Favorite Food: Pizza, tacos(veggie "meat" from Smart Ground ®, of course), pita-wraps, guacamole, Palatschinken, Buddha's delight... ummmm.

Favorite Sites: Anime News Network (I have to pry myself away, sometimes), Wikipedia (Yeah, I check for citations), Right Stuf (especially the "Bargain Bin" Twisted Evil .

Favorite Music: East Coast Hip hop, grundge rock, Enka.

I'll eventually add more, my fingers and eyes hurt now.

Plus, I'm trying to pay attention to the ANNCast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 134 of 233