• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinamara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:42 am Reply with quote
I understand Claude's possessiveness and his reason for overprotectiveness but Yune didn't want to be treated as some ornamental piece that needed to be put in a plexiglass case.

Its good that Claude is happy by just having her presence beside him and so do the rest, but Yune feels insignificant if she isn't doing something for them in return. She wants to do something for Claude and the people at the Galerie so that she can prove that she is useful. Claude isn't able to understand that because he treats her like fragile crystal and doesn't want her to leave the boundaries set by him. Even at the end Yune couldn't clearly get her point across.

Anyway, this series could've gone for twenty four episodes easily. It laid the groundwork for good characters that could've grown if given the time. Well, it can't be helped and nevertheless I enjoyed this series.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
At the time of this writing, no plans for a DVD and/or Blu-Ray release have yet been announced.

Quote:
Digital distribution of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation will begin through The Anime Network on Tuesday, July 26, with a home video release of the 12 episodes to follow next year.

Source: animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-07-21/sentai-filmworks-announces-license-of-croisee-in-a-foreign-labyrinth-the-animation

AFAIK, every anime licensd by Sentai for simulcast includes DVD/BD release.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
I don't usually dig this type of anime, but I'll have to make an exception here. It sounds really charming.
corinthian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
I almost always dig this type of anime, so I'm surprised this slipped under my radar.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Quote:
Digital distribution of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation will begin through The Anime Network on Tuesday, July 26, with a home video release of the 12 episodes to follow next year.

Source: animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-07-21/sentai-filmworks-announces-license-of-croisee-in-a-foreign-labyrinth-the-animation

I checked on this before posting the review and was told by a Section 23 rep that, as of last week, a DVD and/or Bu-Ray release had not been scheduled. Given that three months have passed since the simulcast finished and how fast Sentai normally operates after licensing a title, that isn't a good sign. (Now, if it was Funi, I'd be less worried, since they can take 18 months or more to get something out after licensing it. . .)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Great little series-I really enjoyed it, typical Junichi Sato.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I personally love slice-of-life shows and this is no exception, though I'm not that big of a fan of period pieces. But as with all SOL shows, it's the characters, character interactions and humor that takes the main focus. I do find it interesting how 'lack-of-plot' is always emphasized when it comes to SOL shows.

Last edited by Actar on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Macron One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Quote:

I checked on this before posting the review and was told by a Section 23 rep that, as of last week, a DVD and/or Bu-Ray release had not been scheduled. Given that three months have passed since the simulcast finished and how fast Sentai normally operates after licensing a title, that isn't a good sign. (Now, if it was Funi, I'd be less worried, since they can take 18 months or more to get something out after licensing it. . .)

I don't think there's any reason to worry yet, considering the last volume of the Japanese release won't even be out until next February. It certainly wouldn't be unusual if Sentai had to hold off on their Croisee release until about 3 to 6 months after the Japanese DVD/BD release wraps up.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Macron One wrote:
I don't think there's any reason to worry yet, considering the last volume of the Japanese release won't even be out until next February. It certainly wouldn't be unusual if Sentai had to hold off on their Croisee release until about 3 to 6 months after the Japanese DVD/BD release wraps up.

Point taken. I had not expected that the series hadn't finished its DVD release in Japan yet.

Still, it seems like an unlikely candidate for a DVD release. I have the impression that their other recent period piece - Night Raid 1931 - hasn't done well, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Sentai decides that it's not worth releasing on DVD. I certainly don't expect it to be dubbed even if it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I would not be so certain that the show would not make it's way to DVD at some point. Just because it doesn't have a date yet doesn't mean much in all honesty. The original press release for when they first licensed the show said they have the DVD rights and on top of that said it would not be until 2012 that a home video release would happen. Considering it's not yet 2012(although close) and with the info that the Japanese release isn't even finished I find it highly likely they would release at some point in 2012.

That said I'm gonna wait awhile. This is the kind of show I would love to watch but not the kind you should watch hunched over a computer screen so I will wait until next year and see what happens. I'm sure if Sentai really doesn't intend to have a physical release they will at least say as much in the coming months.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely hope this receives a dvd/bluray release it truly is lovely to watch. I'd much rather re-watch this on blu-ray through the projector than at my tiny computer screen.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
This is a Junichi Sato work Theron.

Sentai would be nuts not to put it out on DVD. It'll be sub-only, but they'll put it out.
CKSqua

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
This is a Junichi Sato work Theron.

Sentai would be nuts not to put it out on DVD. It'll be sub-only, but they'll put it out.

Sato was merely the script supervisor (of an adaptation at that), and I'm not even sure how much meaning his name holds to the typical DVD consumer.

I certainly hope they release this one though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Adorable series. I am of the mind that Sentai will release it on the logically unimpeachable grounds that I desire it to be so.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote
No fanservice, no release?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2