• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon the Movie: White to Run on Canada's YTV Saturday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I always love the movies, they have much better animation and story than the (ugh) TV series. Hopefully the Japanese score will be retained as well. I just hope YTV doesn't cut out scenes to save time like they did with Dragonball Evolution.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
Hopefully the Japanese score will be retained as well.

It isn't, as usual.

Though I think the article made a mistake. Resharim is the White Hero Pokemon, not Zekrom. Victini and the White Hero Resharim and Victini and the Black Hero Zekrom are the titles. Looks like it's backwards.

Last edited by TitanXL on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
I just hope YTV doesn't cut out scenes to save time like they did with Dragonball Evolution.

Don't be surprised if they do, especially if their on-air host keeps popping in every commercial segment, unless they're doing that for padding.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:

It isn't, as usual.

Actually, IIRC, ever since DuArt and Video took over the English dub in Season 11 (and TAJ Productions before hand for Seasons 9-10, but not 100% sure), the musical score has been 100% retained, including the movies.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:

It isn't, as usual.

Actually, IIRC, ever since DuArt and Video took over the English dub in Season 11 (and TAJ Productions before hand for Seasons 9-10, but not 100% sure), the musical score has been 100% retained, including the movies.

I watched one of episode of the dub of Best Wishes once to see who voiced who, and the background music was changed, so they still do it like 4Kids does. Not sure how often or to what extent since I only watched one episode, but it's still being messed around with from what I saw. I'd also assume all the vocal inserts are changed as well, like the song which played during Satoshi and Shinji's final battle in Diamond & Pearl, or the openings and endings.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:

It isn't, as usual.

Though I think the article made a mistake. Resharim is the White Hero Pokemon, not Zekrom. Victini and the White Hero Resharim and Victini and the Black Hero Zekrom are the titles. Looks like it's backwards.

Its not a mistake. English version has it to match the Pokemon version mascots of the games, so Zekrom White, Resharim Black.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Its not a mistake. English version has it to match the Pokemon version mascots of the games, so Zekrom White, Resharim Black.

Oh.

...Wow, that's pretty confusing, all things considered.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
baadaku12345 wrote:

It isn't, as usual.

Actually the original score was retained, according to the end credits. All of the movies since the Celebi one has retained the original soundtrack.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1