• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Subtitled Anime on Adult Swim?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
Oooh....

Tantilizing.

I have no idea what series it could be. I'm actually glad they're lightening up on Inu-Yasha. Time to give the newer shows a chance.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
WOW, FINALY. Fans of subs need to make sure to watch to let CN know we'll watch subs even on american tv.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
My money's on it being a show that they've already played and not a new one. Probably Cowboy Bebop. I think it would be they best way to introduce the casual fans of Adult Swim to subs. If they haven't all memorized it by now, I'm sure a lot of them have seen it all the way through, so they already know the story/character/dialogue. Then later, if people like the subs, they can either start playing other shows they've played before or new shows.

Well, that's how I'd do it.
Stueypark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote
rather than fans of subs watching, fans of anime need to start watching. Their anime ratings have been abysimal the past 6 months.
closetsquirrel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
This is a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, it's Beck. The series could be extremely popular due to it's theme however with all the engrish, english, and japanese flying all over the place it would be difficult to dub. Subs would be ideal.

But, it's highly doubtful. Odds are it will be something they already aired. Bebop or FLCL definitely come to mind.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I guess they're more eager to commit "ratings suicide" than I would have expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just yanking your chains, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Denryuko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
well they did say that they were goin to bring Evangelion to adult swim maybe it will be the subbed version
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
"According to reports from the Adult Swim panel at Dragon*Con, Adult Swim announced that they expect to air one new anime series soon and that it will probably be subtitled."

Notice that it says "one new anime series soon". This means it cannot be an old series. Also notice that is says "soon". Therefore, since Neon Genesis Evangelion starts in October and since the dub, or at least Asuka's voice, is so horrible, this all leads me to believe that Eva will be the new anime that Adult Swim will air subbed.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Denryuko wrote:
well they did say that they were goin to bring Evangelion to adult swim maybe it will be the subbed version

Now that's something I'd go out of my way to watch if I hadn't already seen the entire with subtitles twice already.. It sure beats the dub, though.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote
It was confirmed at the panel that it will NOT be Eva.

My money is on Beck since it's already half in English and it would be very difficult to dub in the first place.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
pepperidge wrote:
My money is on Beck since it's already half in English and it would be very difficult to dub in the first place.

Half of it may already be in English, but half of that English can't be aired on television.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
It was confirmed at the panel that it will NOT be Eva.

Aagh, but the English Eva dub is so much worse than the sub!

Oh well, I have to take what AS will feed me. Anyway, where is everyone getting Beck from besides the points already mentioned? Did AS give any indication at Dragon*Con?
emory

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Stueypark wrote:
rather than fans of subs watching, fans of anime need to start watching. Their anime ratings have been abysimal the past 6 months.

Been watching lately? They're gradually coming back up. The top 3 have made it into the 500,000s for the past few weeks and Inuyasha has been #1 for the last 2.
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's a series that has no dub.

Like Urusei Yatsura...

Or KOR

But the chances of Anime Emigo landing a tv deal are pretty slim.

It's got to be something already released though right?

It would be nice if showed Naruto in sub as well as in dub. >_>

I can't figgure out why they don't brodcast the japanese lanague track in the Sap spot. (some shows you can get in spanish) and then all you have to do is turn on the closed captions. (which is something I do most of the time anyway)
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
was there any mention of Minori-team?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6