• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer Takeda: Star Driver Film Plans in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Too bad Bandai's not around to release it when it comes out...oh wait, it'll probably be an Aniplex R2 import with subs only.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Its a damn crime that this series and Blue Exorcist were never given English dubs!While all sorts of other series are all given english dubs that in reality don't really deserve one at all.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
If they do a straight-up film version of Star Driver and not a sequel, then I do hope they actually explain its story and not be afraid to take chances. The series had what it took to be good, but Enokido's overly-safe script really held it back. Hope that won't be the case here, but then again, BONES doesn't really have a good track record with alternative film versions of their own work…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I just want them to add an epilouge! The best thing about Star Driver was the characters and it was such a shame that we didn't get to see what became of them after the end.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm not big fan of "movie versions" of animes.

I love Star Driver, but trunkading the series into a 2 hour (max) movie won't go well. TV and long OVA series tend be able take their time telling story, unlike alot these movies do.

I hope it comes out okay, but I rather see some kinda of movie in aftermath. spoiler[Girl and fox (Vice President) were hinted in the series as being actual aliens observers of the human race.] I'd like to have seen them getting expanded story.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Its a damn crime that this series and Blue Exorcist were never given English dubs!While all sorts of other series are all given English dubs that in reality don't really deserve one at all.
And of course, you and your tastes are the sole master arbiter of what deserves a dub and what doesn't?
stalydan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
Its a damn crime that this series and Blue Exorcist were never given English dubs!While all sorts of other series are all given English dubs that in reality don't really deserve one at all.
And of course, you and your tastes are the sole master arbiter of what deserves a dub and what doesn't?

Well there's some pretty horrendous stuff out that gets dubbed like Master of Martial Hearts and Ikkitousen but something easily more marketable and usually of better quality doesn't get a dub or, in Star Driver's case, a DVD release.

It's just sad when there's good stuff out there that isn't allowed to shine. I'd love to buy the series on DVD and stop watching it online but that's unfortunately not the case.
aereus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
I'm rather ambivalent to this, unless the movie is meant to actually provide closure to the TV series.

I felt it was probably the biggest disappointment of it's season. I kept waiting and waiting for something to actually happen in the show, but it just never really tried to follow through on any of the symbolism in the show, or have any sort of real message or plot. In that regards it was a lot like Penguindrum, which is a more recent show that was largely disappointing by the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1